Export thread

Word to Html coverting problem

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I used this site http://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-word-to-html.php to convert word/doc text into html, however, it got a problem, and aparently italic isn't pasting, the text as whole does, but italic letters become normal... what do I do to fix this?

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm not super up on HTML yet, but I believe all you'd have to do is go into the HTML text file and manually add <i> your text </i>.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I'm not super up on HTML yet, but I believe all you'd have to do is go into the HTML text file and manually add <i> your text </i>.
I have a lot of text to convert, I know I can do this way, but that would take time, and the whole point of using the site is to save time. =|

Bowielee

Bowielee

If you have FrontPage, that might work better. I'm not sure though. If you're insisting on using the site you linked, the only way to alter the code is through the website admin. I've never really had a problem just converting a word document to HTML directly through office.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Can't use the filtered html option, as the site won't take files like that, and I also need to upload this on tumblr :p

evilmike

evilmike

Could you upload to Google Docs and let it convert it to HTML?

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Doesn't OpenOffice and/or LibreOffice do something similar (or have a plugin)?