Export thread

Winners of the June Contest?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I thought we were gonna get to see the stories of the winner/runner ups?

Any announcement on that yet?

Chibibar

I thought it was like July 15th for the announcement date (that is what I remember)

Shego reading comprehension fail! Announcement will be NO LATER than July 15. We ended up with 22 submissions so the judges have a bit of reading to do.

One judge has already sent me their choice.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Edrondol said:
Shego reading comprehension fail! Announcement will be NO LATER than July 15. We ended up with 22 submissions so the judges have a bit of reading to do.

One judge has already sent me their choice.
More like "skimmed over reading fail", oh well. Looking forward to some good reading!

Chibibar

eep! 22 submissions??

wow.. and here you thought you were not getting enough ;)

LordRavage

Damn! 22! I thought I had this thing in the bag when we had like 12 submissions.

I now must start my plans to blackmail the judges 1 by 1.

:pirate:

Yeah, we had a HUGE rash of entries in the last couple of days. I am here to say right now that the podcast WORKED!

MindDetective

MindDetective

Edrondol said:
Yeah, we had a HUGE rash of entries in the last couple of days. I am here to say right now that the podcast WORKED!
Also: People are natural procrastinators!

Did you read all 22 of them yourself, even though you aren't judging them?

MindDetective said:
Edrondol said:
Also: People are natural procrastinators!

Did you read all 22 of them yourself, even though you aren't judging them?
Haven't read a one yet. I copy-paste and move along. I didn't want to get any ideas if I needed to be a tiebreaker judge.

LordRavage

When its over, does everyone get to read all of them?

I really would like to see everyone's work.

Some have expressed trepidation. So I planned on posting the top two.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Edrondol said:
Top 5! Ask the top 5 if they mind, at the very least!!!

Fun Size

Fun Size

Indeed. Hell, if mine comes in dead last feel free to post the hell out of it. I worked on that thing.

Hylian

Hylian

I couldn't care less if people want to read my garbage entry.

MindDetective

MindDetective

One of mine can be posted no problem. The other is part of an ongoing story I'm crafting. I would hesitate to post it unless it was the winner or runner-up.

LordRavage

Edrondol said:
If you dont post my entry...I will post my entry. :uhhuh:

In that case, if you do NOT want your entry posted, please let me know and I won't post it. Send me a PM with the title and the first few lines so I can quickly skim by mouseover.

I will post all the rest.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Edrondol said:
In that case, if you do NOT want your entry posted, please let me know and I won't post it. Send me a PM with the title and the first few lines so I can quickly skim by mouseover.

I will post all the rest.
Why not do as LordRavage suggests and let people post their own, if they like. Less work for you too!

LordRavage

^ Agreed.

Okay. I can handle that. But it would be very easy for a mod to move the thread instead of having it reposted.

MindDetective

MindDetective

By the way, if all 22 stories approached 5000 words, then the judges are essentially reading a (short) novel's worth of stories! Bravo to the judges.

Chibibar

both of my stories are 2000-3000 words :)

edit: feel free to post mine (both of them) My wife kinda gave up on editing it for me since the contest is over. She might edit later and post on my devart later.

I honestly don't think any of mine are up to snuff, but I'm okay with them being posted after the winners are announced.

Still kicking myself for not finishing the pulp action story, but things have been a little hectic lately.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

ThatNickGuy said:
I honestly don't think any of mine are up to snuff, but I'm okay with them being posted after the winners are announced.

Still kicking myself for not finishing the pulp action story, but things have been a little hectic lately.
I actually would love to see any and all stories posted!

I'm sure everybody that submitted is having the same "aw shucks, they aren't good" mentality towards their stories. :uhhuh:

Philosopher B.

I wanna read all the stories so bad. :D

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, when's the collection coming out in print? :ninja: :thumbsup:

Chibibar

Bubble181 said:
So, when's the collection coming out in print? :ninja: :thumbsup:
man... my grammar is horrible :( (I speak same as I type) my wife is better at editing that I am :( Now I'm nervous and want to get it edit first before posting now.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Chibibar said:
man... my grammar is horrible :( (I speak same as I type) my wife is better at editing that I am :( Now I'm nervous and want to get it edit first before posting now.
Actually I think that the writer's names should be excluded unless requested by the writer. That way, noone has to worry about getting any flak for bad grammar etc.

Mr. Lawface

Shegokigo said:
Chibibar said:
Actually I think that the writer's names should be excluded unless requested by the writer. That way, noone has to worry about getting any flak for bad grammar etc.
That won't work for my story. The title gives away that I wrote it. But I don't care if people know that I wrote mine, so it isn't a problem.

Le Quack

There's no winners in this contest.

ONLY LOSERS.

TwoBit

Outside of the judges, I don't think anybody needs to see my story. Can't say I'm very proud of it.

Philosopher B.

TwoBit said:
Outside of the judges, I don't think anybody needs to see my story. Can't say I'm very proud of it.
It was perfectly fine.

You silly twit.

I have one judge yet to hear from. Once I have his numbers I will be unlocking the Contest Subforum and letting everyone go in. I will first delete out all judges' comments so as not to annoy or offend anyone. I will also not be saying who wrote what - with the exception of the 1st and 2nd place entries. If the authors want to say who they are that's fine. Comments will be allowed, but ridicule will be shut down fast. Constructive criticism will be allowed and pointers to the story, but outright mean comments will be deleted. I don't want to prevent people from participating in the future.

If you are an author and you don't want your story there, just let me know and I'll shitcan it.

Chibibar

oooo... I'm so excited.

*gnaws on his fingernails*

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Chibibar said:
oooo... I'm so excited.
Me too!

I wish I had some sort of picture to display my excitedness...

Hmm.. *looks through files*

Ah-HAH!

Fun Size

Fun Size

Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
Chibibar said:
oooo... I'm so excited.
Me too!

Ah-HAH!

Bumble, you are truly a wonder.

I have wood for Bumble.

Philosopher B.

ThatNickGuy said:
*gnaws on his fingernails*
The suspense is killing me.

*Swoons*

Chibibar

Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
Chibibar said:
oooo... I'm so excited.
Me too!

Ah-HAH!

aw man.. maybe the wife can draw me up an icon :)

Hylian

Hylian

I can't wait to see if I managed to get into last place or second to last place

hylian said:
I'm only announcing the first two. The rest are basically tied for last.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Edrondol said:
hylian said:
I'm only announcing the first two. The rest are basically tied for last.
I got dibs on last-last place!

Philosopher B.

Aw. I was hoping for a long list with the scores. Oh well.

Maybe top 3 then? The judges don't even know who wrote the entries.

As a judge, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say... shame on you all! What did storytelling ever do to you?

:tongue:

Chibibar

General Specific said:
As a judge, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say... shame on you all! What did storytelling ever do to you?

:tongue:
I mangle it with bad grammar? clobber with bad tense? so I'm sure my stories would love to get back at me ;)

Mr. Lawface

General Specific said:
I'll show you on the doll where it touched me.

:rofl: