Who wants a Green Lantern spoiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

So a friend of mine at work got me a comic for my birthday a couple weeks ago. Nice of'em. He ordered it from a site on, http://www.tfaw.com

I figure I'll give their site a look, some nice typical fanboy stuff, decent prices. I do a search for Green Lantern, lookin around I see a listing to pre order Green Lantern Corps #43 which is hits stores December 16, 2009

They post a big blatant spoiler in the fucking summary. Now, maybe some really avid readers saw it coming, I sure as shit didn't. I mean it fits but WTF..

Something makes Guy Gardner so angry, he literally becomes a Red Lantern.. WTF Guy is my favorite GL :( Never cared for Kyle, or John and after Hal went batshit insane, I kinda never forgave him for destroying Coast City. But Guy? Anyone but Guy.. I'm guessing Ice gets killed or something?

I'm particularly angry at this company for such a blatant spoiler..That issue is fuckin ruined for me now.. *sigh* /nerdrage

:(

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm not sure I get the nerd rage. Considering the promotional image for the issue, I'm not sure how the spoiler somehow ruins the issue for you. The issue description and image on TFAW is exactly the same as those on DC's site. If the comic's makers don't think that knowledge will ruin it for fans, why should you think it's been ruined for you?

That said, I've ordered Applegeeks volumes 1 and 2 from TFAW and I've been very pleased. Both showed up in fantastic shape, packed much better than anything I've gotten from Amazon, Buy.com or anywhere else I've ordered from.

R

Rubicon

Well, yea the promo image does kinda give it away some

BUT, I didn't really see the image at first, I was just kinda looking at the price column on the right and skimming over summaries when the plot twist caught my eye and I did a double take

*sigh*

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Are you seriously telling me that you are surprised that happened? SERIOUSLY?!?!

about kyle

He is dead, and I am mad, he was my favorite, u.u

R

Rubicon

Well, it's only up to #5 which comes out next week, there's 8 issues total so March will be #8 I think, give it a month or two after that and you should have the TPB

W

wana10

Well, it's only up to #5 which comes out next week, there's 8 issues total so March will be #8 I think, give it a month or two after that and you should have the TPB
:XD:
no offense but this is dc we're talking about here. if #8 comes out in march we might be lucky and get the hardcover version a few months after that and then the tpb a month or two beyond the hardcover...

now i've made myself sad :(

(just for reference, agent orange was released as a hardcover last week and battle for the cowl is finally released tomorrow as a hardcover. dc takes for-fucking-ever to release these damn things)

Are you seriously telling me that you are surprised that happened? SERIOUSLY?!?!

about kyle

Yeah...

He was "my" generation's Green Lantern, and the only one who used the ring like you might expect for a weapon that's fueled on willpower and expressed via imagination.

about kyle

Yeah...

He was "my" generation's Green Lantern, and the only one who used the ring like you might expect for a weapon that's fueled on willpower and expressed via imagination.
[/QUOTE]

If you ask me, Kyle as a Green Lantern was an artist's dream/nightmare. If you loved just drawing wild crap to show off your skills and imagination (or the writer's imagination) with Kyle using the ring it would be great. If you were an artist that liked drawing big boxing gloves and hammers you were in the wrong place.

How is that a spoiler, i mean ever since the Red Lanterns showed up people have been assuming he will become one...

about kyle

I officially nominate you for a name change to Red Lantern...

Also, they had to give Guy a good reason to become Red, and Kyle was it (and i'm also thinking Soranik as Star Sapphire)

Shannow

Staff member
I figured he would have been killed off before now. Surprised it took them this tlong, actually. Id like for him to stay dead, personally, but eh, he will be back before this is all over

I figured he would have been killed off before now. Surprised it took them this tlong, actually. Id like for him to stay dead, personally, but eh, he will be back before this is all over
This is one of the rare times that I don't want them to leave someone dead. Kyle deserved more than being used as a vehicle for the older generation to get heroic/villainous.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
This is one of the rare times that I don't want them to leave someone dead. Kyle deserved more than being used as a vehicle for the older generation to get heroic/villainous.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed with that.

Bah, he was awesome. Hal was "my" green lantern, but I loved Rayner. Again, I point out that I was one of the, what, 2 people who liked the Emerald Twilight storyline. To bad they had to ruin it with the whole parallax is an alien entity bullshit.

I wish I had the money to pick up GLC but my monthly comic budget is tapped as it is.

Oh well, guess I'll just have the gleam things from Scans_Daily.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
I personally have hated the character. More so lately, but overall, I was never of fan of him.
Bah, he was awesome. Hal was "my" green lantern, but I loved Rayner. Again, I point out that I was one of the, what, 2 people who liked the Emerald Twilight storyline. To bad they had to ruin it with the whole parallax is an alien entity bullshit.
Me too, I think the first time I read about him was when Coast City was destroyed, and years later Kyle was the lantern and I loved how he used his ring, I don't understand what is to hate about him?

Also, what I have seen of Hal doesn't appeal that much too me, the writters seem to implie that fearless = brainless.

What I meant is that I grew up with Hal as the GL, and he was brilliant. Especially the Green Arrow teamup comics, but I still loved Kyle.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
What I meant is that I grew up with Hal as the GL, and he was brilliant. Especially the Green Arrow teamup comics, but I still loved Kyle.
The retaling of his origin story is really made me mad, he acted with the maturity of a 12 yo. with the sense of danger of a 6 yo.

Kyle was the first GL in decades who was introduced as something other than Hal Jordan's new black/douchebag sidekick.

Admittedly, both Guy and John grew out of that, but in the beginning...

Shannow

Staff member
Eh, I really have just never like Kyle at all. the character did not go over well with me throguh his run, and I just liked Hal and Guy much better. Then again, I like assholes. But Kyle...meh, he will be back, and it will be soon (though I hope otherwise)

R

Rubicon

Me too, I think the first time I read about him was when Coast City was destroyed, and years later Kyle was the lantern and I loved how he used his ring, I don't understand what is to hate about him?

Also, what I have seen of Hal doesn't appeal that much too me, the writters seem to implie that fearless = brainless.
Kyle just seemed..off.

I mean, from what I've seen the writers try to make us feel so sorry for him, like how many girlfriends or women he's loved have died?..

His constructs, while cool and awesome, seem like a waste of power ring energy. When something simpler gets the job done, that huge canon may look sweet but also depletes the energy more than needed, in my opinion.

And Hal is..Hal. He's the Tony Stark of the DCU, a character I can never forgive or really look up to compared to Guy, John or even Kilowog.

Status
Not open for further replies.