[Movies] What's your favorite Woody Allen movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you want to be shielded from public scrutiny, you probably shouldn't tweet about it or write op-ed pieces about it for the news. Last I checked, it wasn't Woody Allen that put this conversation into the public discourse.

holy fuck, you guys are really smug little shits about a kid getting raped, aren't you. Hail rape culture. Please fucking ban me so I never interact with you people again

holy fuck, you guys are really smug little shits about a kid getting raped, aren't you. Hail rape culture. Please fucking ban me so I never interact with you people again
Sure, sure. Lump us all in together as if we all share that exact same opinion. Nimrod.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me. We know Woody Allen has some strange sexual fetishes or a particular interest in sexuality in general. He likely has a very different worldview about sexuality than many others. The proof is in his history already with his current wife and former step-daughter. I don't doubt this happened, but I do have to question why she chose now to come forward and the manner in which she did rather than, say, discussing it with the proper authorities or lawyers. Again, not doubting it, just wondering the hows and whys.

Rather than quickly judge either side, I'd like to consider everyone innocent until proven guilty. That includes a thorough investigation. If she was, indeed, abused as a child? Then I don't care what his accolades are. He deserves to serve time for that. And believe me, if it's true, that would be punishment enough, if what's said about how paedophiles are treated in prisons is true.

Sigh. Alright. I think this thread is done. It's a heated topic, I get that. I don't think there's much more to say about it so lets all move on.

:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.