Export thread

Welcome to the N_RAMA

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You know the drill. Ask me anything and I'll answer... whenever I get around to it.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

What is your clever one liner before jumping out of a window, shooting the villain and falling down the side of skyscraper, only to be saved at the last moment by a passing trampoline truck?

FnordBear

FnordBear

When we get to Valhalla which one of us brings the mead and which one brings the wenches?

phil

phil

Does the prime directive really do more good than harm? Does access to warp technology really determine if a species can handle even simple things like a cure to an illness?

BananaHands

BananaHands

You can be a king of any country in Africa. What would it be?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What is your clever one liner before jumping out of a window, shooting the villain and falling down the side of skyscraper, only to be saved at the last moment by a passing trampoline truck?
"See you in Reykjavik!"

When we get to Valhalla which one of us brings the mead and which one brings the wenches?
It's Valhalla. Mead and wenches are eternally present.

FnordBear

FnordBear

It's Valhalla. Mead and wenches are eternally present.
So I am bringing the Cubans then. Gotcha!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Does the prime directive really do more good than harm? Does access to warp technology really determine if a species can handle even simple things like a cure to an illness?
I guess it's simply a matter of avoiding all the red tape involved in deciding which technologies to share and which not. Clearly, not even the earthly paradise that is Earth in the future, there are still bureaucrats who will f*** you over.

You can be a king of any country in Africa. What would it be?
South Africa.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

So I am bringing the Cubans then. Gotcha!
That seems a little direct, even for Valhalla.

FnordBear

FnordBear

That seems a little direct, even for Valhalla.
I have friends in places that can get me things. Why not share the bounty?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I have friends in places that can get me things. Why not share the bounty?
You have friends that can get you dead Cubans? :hide:

:problemo:

FnordBear

FnordBear

You have friends that can get you dead Cubans? :hide:

:problemo:
Yes. Yes I do.

strawman

strawman

A box arrives, and upon opening you find it's a plank of wood with a big red button attached. The wood is inscribed as follows, "Press the button and a random person you don't know will die instantly and painlessly. You will then receive $1,500,000[USD] (or the equivalent in your local currency) with appropriate legal documentation such that the government will not be concerned."

Do you press the button?

phil

phil

As snap. It's a trap NR! It has like Martians or something to do with it and was kind of a shitty movie.

Calleja

Calleja

A box arrives, and upon opening you find it's a plank of wood with a big red button attached. The wood is inscribed as follows, "Press the button and a random person you don't know will die instantly and painlessly. You will then receive $1,500,000[USD] (or the equivalent in your local currency) with appropriate legal documentation such that the government will not be concerned."

Do you press the button?
I swear that before the guy had finished with the premise on the trailer for that movie I was like *BUTTON PRESSING SOUND*!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Princess Peach or Princess Zelda? Which one you stickin' it too?

strawman

strawman

I swear that before the guy had finished with the premise on the trailer for that movie I was like *BUTTON PRESSING SOUND*!
Oh right, it was made into a movie wasn't it? I only remember the twilight zone episode.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

What's your home remedy for a sore throat?

phil

phil

Oh! I made a green tea with honey, steeped in lemonade at work once that helped. Try that, maybe.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Do you press the button?
No. But I will keep the box around for a rainy day. MUAHAHAHAHAA!

Princess Peach or Princess Zelda? Which one you stickin' it too?
Zelda. Letting Peach play with my joystick would feel like pedophilia.

What's your home remedy for a sore throat?
Something hot to drink, such as tea or even water with some honey in it. Mom also insists on hot juice.

Wahad

Wahad

Reindeer meat: yay or nay?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Reindeer meat: yay or nay?
After having tasted it, very much yay. It has a nice, strong, smoky flavor to it. So much you only need a thin, translucent slice to get a ton of flavor on your sandwich.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

You win the biggest lottery in world history and decide to travel. Where are you going?

Bubble181

Bubble181

If you could go to another era and/or region in the world, where you'd have to spend a few weeks, where and when would you go? Assume that whoever's taking you there also makes sure language and clothing are no issue.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You win the biggest lottery in world history and decide to travel. Where are you going?
In no particular order: New York for the first time, Ireland for the third time (Limerick and Dublin especially), London for the second time and... I dunno, maybe Australia and New Zealand.

If you could go to another era and/or region in the world, where you'd have to spend a few weeks, where and when would you go? Assume that whoever's taking you there also makes sure language and clothing are no issue.
I'm not going to say the Middle Ages. Let's face it, the way my insides get upset from going abroad these days, I'd probably crap myself to death by the end of the few weeks ;) I dunno, maybe Edwardian Britain or the era of the Vikings.

Bubble181

Bubble181

In no particular order: New York for the first time, Ireland for the third time (Limerick and Dublin especially), London for the second time and... I dunno, maybe Australia and New Zealand.
:cry:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What's the matter, Bubble?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

What's the matter, Bubble?
You didn't pick Belgium. He ... well, he's had a crush on you for a long time and once again you're just leaving him by the wayside. Poor Bubble. Poor, poor Bubble. Look what you've done NR. Look what you have done.

Zappit

Zappit

Once you whip your cancer, is the beard coming back?

Cajungal

Cajungal

If you were given an unlimited budget and access to any actors/directors/writers you wanted, what movie would you make?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Once you whip your cancer, is the beard coming back?
Oh definitely.

If you were given an unlimited budget and access to any actors/directors/writers you wanted, what movie would you make?
A fourth Indiana Jones movie that doesn't suck donkey ass.

T

The_Khan

how long have you been doing archery. can you make your own arrows how about a bow?

phil

phil

how long have you been doing archery. can you make your own arrows how about a bow?
Oh man I forgot NR does archery.

Just how many ways could you kill me?

Follow up: how can I stay on your good side?

Double follow up: you'd tell me if you were hunting me. Right?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Only this past summer, but I've been wanting to do it for a few years. Also, no to both arrow- and bow-making. I pretty much sucked at shop class - although I did make myself a nifty chest.

T

The_Khan

Ok, I have another question

Answer if you will.

You used to run a lot of updates about how you are doing so,

How are you doing?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Oh man I forgot NR does archery.

Just how many ways could you kill me?
Eleven, off the top of my hat.

Follow up: how can I stay on your good side?
You know pants not to mention. I also accept bribes in the forms of money, D&D/Pathfinder figures and good movies.

Double follow up: you'd tell me if you were hunting me. Right?
That would ruin the fun, wouldn't it? Also, can you lean your left just a tad to the right? Ah, there... Thank you. Now hold very, very still...[DOUBLEPOST=1358175976][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok, I have another question

Answer if you will.

You used to run a lot of updates about how you are doing so,

How are you doing?
Still living. Still not going to be cured, but the treatment is keeping the situation contained.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

What's your zombie plan?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What's your zombie plan?
Let's see... I'm overweight, I suffer from a chronic illness that demands intensive medication and daily assistance... and I live next door to a major hospital in the area.

Kill as many zombies as I can with the tools at my disposal, then cover myself with barbecue sauce and yell "LUNCH IS SERVED!"

Zappit

Zappit

Why do you keep asking about our zombie plans?

Cajungal

Cajungal

You get to build the idea woman a la Weird Science. What does she look like, what's her personality like, and what are her interests?

strawman

strawman

You become a zombie.

What's your human plan?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Why do you keep asking about our zombie plans?
Because I want to know where the good eatin' is.

You get to build the idea woman a la Weird Science. What does she look like, what's her personality like, and what are her interests?
Assuming I don't come up with a pile of wheezing parts that go "Kill me" (seriously, I sucked at shop)... redhead. Esthetically pleasing body type; all the skinny skeletons can go fuck themselves. Preferably on the tall end. Personality-wise... that's the tricky part. I don't want a clone of myself, and I'm always surprised by how well or how badly different personalities bounce off of each other. Open-minded, sociable, intelligent... those things come to mind. Interests... I'll have to think about those. But any roleplaying interest is a must.

You become a zombie.

What's your human plan?
Go to where the good eatin' is.

Zappit

Zappit

Because I want to know where the good eatin' is.

Go to where the good eatin' is.
Is that because you'd only get frozen dinners where you are?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Is that because you'd only get frozen dinners where you are?
Depends on the season. Contrary to popular opinion, Finland has more than one season. And the first person to say that they are winter and not-winter gets eaten feet first.

Zappit

Zappit

Depends on the season. Contrary to popular opinion, Finland has more than one season. And the first person to say that they are winter and not-winter gets eaten feet first.
Winter and Cold Winter?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Winter and Cold Winter?
They will never find your body.

Gusto

Gusto

They will never find your body.
...under 6 feet of snow.

Zappit

Zappit

...under 6 feet of snow.
I will be well preserved, at least.

Gusto

Gusto

I will be well preserved, at least.
Until the wolves come.

strawman

strawman

Summer in Finland: three months of bad skiing.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

If you could choose to become immortal... would you?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If you could choose to become immortal... would you?
If the package also includes eternal youth and eternal health... I would give it serious thought. Otherwise, get the f*** outta my face.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

If the package also includes eternal youth and eternal health... I would give it serious thought. Otherwise, get the f*** outta my face.
Aging would cease to be an issue and you would remain healthy of course... otherwise it would be nothing but eternal torment. (personally I would still choose mortality).

Also, who is your god/character from norse mythology?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Aging would cease to be an issue and you would remain healthy of course... otherwise it would be nothing but eternal torment. (personally I would still choose mortality).

Yeah... the whole "you'll eventually get stuck in a mineshaft" scenario is kind of a downer. But I'd still give it some serious thought.

Also, who is your god/character from norse mythology?

You mean which god I would most recognize with? Probably Heimdal the gatekeeper, or perhaps Bragi, the god of skalds and poetry. Od is also a choice, but mostly because he gets to schtoink Freya.

In ancient Finnish mythology, I would probably go with the god whose name is my middle name: Tapio, god of the forests.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

You mean which god I would most recognize with?
Yeah, I forgot to write "favorite" in there... sorry about that. I blame my kludgy fingers. I like your answers though.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It seems that AMAs are making a comeback, so... rise! Rise from obscurity, and be slightly relevant once more! MUAHAHAHAA!!

Piotyr

Piotyr

What is the best Finland joke you've heard (in English, preferably)?

Gusto

Gusto

I actually really like the title of this thread.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Will you do my laundry? I do not like doing laundry.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What is the best Finland joke you've heard (in English, preferably)?
Well, I haven't really heard any jokes about Finland (minus the "Meanwhile in Finland") picture in English. Apparently most of the English-speaking world spends most of their mockery on the French. But here's one I find funny:

Finnish weather explained

15°C / 59°F
This is as warm as it gets in Finland, so we'll start here.
People in Spain wears winter-coats and gloves.
The Finns are out in the sun, getting a tan.

10°C / 50°F
The French are trying in vain to start their central heating.
The Finns plant flowers in their gardens.

5°C / 41°F
Italian cars won't start.
The Finns are cruising in cabriolets.

0°C / 32°F
Distilled water freezes.
The water in the Vantaa river (in Finland) gets a little thicker.

-5°C / 23°F
People in California almost freeze to death.
The Finns have their final barbecue before winter.

-10°C / 14°F
The Brits start the heat in their houses.
The Finns start using long sleeves.

-20°C / -4°F
The Aussies flee from Mallorca.
The Finns end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30°C / -22°F
People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth.
The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40°C / -40°F
Paris start cracking in the cold.
The Finns stand in line at the "grilli-kioski".

-50°C / -58°F
Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole.
The Finnish army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter
weather.

-60°C / -76°F
Korvatunturi (the home for Santa Claus) freezes.
The Finns rent a movie and stay indoors.

-70°C / -94°F
The false Santa moves south.
The Finns get frustrated since they can't store their Kossu (Koskenkorva vodka)
outdoors.
The Finnish army goes out on winter survival training.

-183°C / -297.4°F
Microbes in food don't survive.
The Finnish cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273°C / -459.4°F
All atom-based movent halts.
The Finns start saying "Perkele, it's cold outside today."

-300°C / -508°F
Hell freezes over.
Finland wins the Eurovision Song Contest.

I actually really like the title of this thread.
Much obliged :)

Will you do my laundry? I do not like doing laundry.
I'm neither your mom nor your wife, so no.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Someone offers you $100,000,000. If you accept, you must publicly wear sauna pants for 2 hours a day. Do you take the money?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Someone offers you $100,000,000. If you accept, you must publicly wear sauna pants for 2 hours a day. Do you take the money?
No, I won't.

Emrys

Emrys

Would you do it for a Scooby snack? How about a Klondike bar? What would you do for a Klondike bar?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Would you do it for a Scooby snack? How about a Klondike bar? What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Probably not. It seems that overindulgement in Scooby snacks results in brain death, cowardice and use of the term "Zoinks!"

As for Klondike bars... I have never tasted one, so I dunno? Whistle Bohemian Rhapsody?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Probably not. It seems that overindulgement in Scooby snacks results in brain death, cowardice and use of the term "Zoinks!"
I think that was more the recreational drug use than the Scooby Snacks...

Would you be interested in acting as a go-between for an international police patch swap, if I threw in some cop swag for you, too?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Now I'm picturing North Ranger with Charon's Dredd helmet on, running around screaming "I AM DA LAW!"

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Would you be interested in acting as a go-between for an international police patch swap, if I threw in some cop swag for you, too?
Sure, I could be persuaded. It better be good swag, though ;)

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

What are your 3 favorite bands?

What are your 3 favorite songs from each band in the prior question?

Is Finnish heavy metal superior to other nordic countries heavy metal?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Do you prefer beaches or mountains?

What is a common stereotype (a Eurocentric) of Finnish people?

Have you tried any U.S. beers, if so, which ones and how bad were they?