Warehouse 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else liking this show? I wasn't sure what to think about it at first. The third episode confuzzled me a bit because it made it seem like all artifacts are created through emotional energy that builds up into them over time. But by the time they started seeking the samurai blade that grants invisibility by being so sharp it can cut through light (even though it apparently can't cut Artie in half like he was butter) I started to enjoy it more. It's better knowing that there are artifacts that were created that way rather than just soaking up someone's vibes for a long period of time.

My favorite episode thus far is the episode with Lewis Carol's mirror. But I wish there was more explanation to that artifact in particular. Such as is the image that Pete is playing ping pong with just Alice in his form, or does the Mirror just happen to have other properties besides trapping someone inside?

with you being the second person who has recommended this show, I think I'll go ahead and give it a shot. when is it on?

Or you could just to go Syfy.com and watch the episodes online. I think they might still have the pilot up, and possibly the last five episodes that have aired.

Hmm. I've only heard that this show is disappointing, but since I don't have much of a life, and I have interweb access, maybe I'll check it out.

Can you compare it to anything? I get the impression that it's sort of like Fringe, is that accurate?

It feels more like a cross between Indiana Jones and Eureka. It's very light hearted, though there are a few disturbing scenes (such as the image of a man's arm sticking out of a pile of junk from an "Implosion bomb"). The basic concept is that there is a secret government warehouse in South Dakota that holds quite possibly millions of artifacts and items that have abilities that either can't be explained or are just too dangerous for people to possess. The main characters are basically artifact hunters who track down these things as they are found.

K

kaykordeath

I've been enjoying the show a BIT more episode by episode, but so far it hasn't become a MUST-SEE. I've got them DVR'ed and am only up to the "Elements" episode (Indian creation myth, cave, New York). It's certainly a fun show, and while I'm not one to harp about plausibility, every episode has been so riddled with plot wholes and odd character choices that I find the disbelief too hard to suspend. But I do like the Artie character, and the humor and light-heartedness have kept me coming back.

I'd put it in the Fringe + Eureka category.

i haven´t watched the show yet, but after reading some comments and the wikipedia side I don´t know if I will like it.
i know i shouldn't make a judgment without actually watching it but somehow it`s not really appealing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.