TRON

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: TRON

Tagline: A world inside the computer where man has never been. Until now.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven Lisberger[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Jeff Bridges[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bruce Boxleitner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Warner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cindy Morgan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barnard Hughes[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan Shor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Jurasik[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Stephano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Craig Chudy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vince Deadrick Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Schatz[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1982-07-09[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]96[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]As Kevin Flynn searches for proof that he invented a hit video game, he is "digitalized" by a laser and finds himself inside The Grid, where programs suffer under the tyrannical rule of the Master Control Program. With the help of TRON, a security program, Flynn seeks to free The Grid from the MCP.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]
[DOUBLEPOST=1392390501,1392389908][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't know how I should rate this movie. It's not particularly good, but damn if I don't love it for some reason.

I think it should get points for what it TRIED to do. It didn't wholly succeed, due to technology limitations and uneven scripting, but it had a lot of good ideas. I think a lot of modern tech movies have draw inspiration from TRON.

You ain't kidding. Any collection of "too far before its time" artifacts NEEDS to include this movie. It's the Newton Messagepad of movies, born too early for its intended audience.

--Patrick