Troll Cat Form Leak (WoW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This I am actually skeptical about since I have not seen where this was datamined. I don't think this was parsed from the PTR, but I still thought it would be interesting to post and show what may end up being what we fight alongside in the future when Troll Druids become a reality.

"Troll" and "Squished Face" does not compute considering those huge noses, but I can see it, with the tusks, Mohawk, and orange eyes. I like that it's unique from other general cats too, more a bobcat or lynx.

I dunno about that pug-nose thing, but I like the skin otherwise. Curious to see what the Worgen form will be (dog turning into cat seems kinda wonky, heh).

The wolf for Shamans doesn't seem like something that needs to change, imo.

Druid forms should definitely be a bit more unique (the current changed ones are fantastic), and Dwarves will be getting their own unique totems. I've heard some of the Horde races might get new ones as well.

P

Pojodan

That is fake, FYI.

A very good fake, I might add, but fake, none the less.

The face was taken from the Worgen female mask, and everything else is just a mish-mash of things from the WoW model viewer.

Dude, you look like Alex Ovechkin.
Maybe I AM Alex Ovechkin!...

Nah... not enough beard.

Not feeling the tusks. I like the form otherwise.
A troll without tusks would be like a tauren without horns or a night elf without massive ears. I do wish they were smaller though, maybe smaller upward curved tusks rather then the 4 foot piercers.

The face was taken from the Worgen female mask, and everything else is just a mish-mash of things from the WoW model viewer.
After you mentioned that I quickly took my texture I had from the masks and put it over the face of the model above, don't see any similarity. Even the nose is different, which would be the defining characteristic that would prove it as a copy job to me. There are other things too, like some of the smaller props seem like nothing I have seen in WMV (which I use extensively), and the fact that he was able to get a flawless profile shot from something we have only seen from the front.

Have you gotten a source confirming it as fake?

That is fake, FYI.

Wondering, where you go this "official confirmation" that it's fake.

Very very quick search shows that there is neither official word or a fan consensus on whether it's real or fake yet.

I think the idea that it's placeholder art to be polished later is probably closest to the truth.

C

Chazwozel

Dude, you look like Alex Ovechkin.
Maybe I AM Alex Ovechkin!...

Nah... not enough beard.

I was going to say, nah... your English is too good! ;-)

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I regards to the cat form. I like it! It looks like a lynx!

I actually do hope this ends up being true in some way. I would be happy to have a cat form that is not just another copy of a large cat like a Tiger or Panther.

If in the end we do learn it was 100% fake, all I have to say is that the guy that made it has some talent, whether he modeled and textured it himself, or put it together in photoshop.

I am much more on the fence about this one then the other leaks I have brought here.

I was going to say, nah... your English is too good! ;-)
That guy must be horrible if I write better English then him. 0_0

P

Pojodan

That is fake, FYI.

Wondering, where you go this "official confirmation" that it's fake.[/QUOTE]

Well, for one, it's only come from one source, if it was real then several people would've found it, plus all of the WoW forums I've seen this on have come to the same consensus, especially since the face is the same as the worgen mask.

Well, for one, it's only come from one source, if it was real then several people would've found it, plus all of the WoW forums I've seen this on have come to the same consensus, especially since the face is the same as the worgen mask.
All the WoW forums I visit are still on the fence about it, and like I said earlier, the face is not the same as the Worgen mask based on putting them side by side. Not sure which landmarks you are matching you might have to point them out. I would like to see what you are seeing.

All the WoW forums I visit are still on the fence about it, and like I said earlier, the face is not the same as the Worgen mask based on putting them side by side. Not sure which landmarks you are matching you might have to point them out. I would like to see what you are seeing.
If I squint funny I can see it's got the female worgen eyes and the male worgen lower jaw followed by the female worgens teeth.

It's definately not just a female mask skinned on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.