There! There! There! She blows! She blows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SeraRelm

Moby Dick is being remade into another film adaptation due out in 2011.
Looking at a cast containing William Hurt, Donald Sutherland, Gillian Anderson and Ethan Hawke. Apparently it's being filmed up in Canada.

Bone will be ecstatic.

Shannow

Staff member
I really thought this thread was not about Moby Dick, and belonged in NSFW from the title.

I am dissapointed.

I hated Moby Dick for the same reason I hate Tom Clancey novels. They break up the narrative with overly long, detailed information about stuff that doesn't really have anything to do with the storyline.

I don't need to know exactly how a fishing rig or nuclear bomb works to get the story. That much exposition and tangentery just drags the story down by distracting you from it.

I had to put Moby Dick on hold to read something else on my list. I never did get back to it. Maybe I should do that.

T

ThatNickGuy

Swell. Can't wait for that to come out video so I can hear an endless supply of 12-year old or adults of equal maturity snickering at the title.

Seel also: Brokeback Mountain.

They key to reading Moby Dick is realizing that Ishmeal is a consummate smart ass. It changes everything about the book.

It's also something that seems to be lost in movie adaptations, which is why I give this news a resounding "meh".

Status
Not open for further replies.