[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Seen at the DC Animated booth at SDCC.

The self-depreciation at the shitty quality of Teen Titans (as mandated by the executives) is both appreciated and awe inspiring.

Wait, I thought Regular Show was cancelled? Bold choice making Mordecai a human and skipping innuendos for full on profanity, but I can dig it!

But seriously I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...n-gets-a-two-part-animated-movie?sf99907784=1

Gotham by Gaslight movie (hopefully sticking to Mignola's style) and a Suicide Squad movie.

Then a two movie set: The Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen, to be a more comic accurate adaptation than Superman: Doomsday or especially BvS. I'm excited about this because even though I haven't read the trades yet, I feel like cutting out the mourning period and the Reign stuff really robs the story of some of its more iconic aspects. When a character dies and comes back, that could be referencing anything. When a character dies and four other guys with a similar deal show up, that can only be a nod to Superman.

Penn Zero Part Time hero

SON OF A BITCH-I want more of this. Granted season 1 had better stand-alones than season 2, but it ended on a PERFECT note.

Alex Hirsch, friend of Justin Roiland and creator of Gravity Falls, has been granted access to the sauce. Thus the conspiracy between the shows is deepened.

Also, the premiere tonight was pretty good. Summer is going so far off the deep end and I love it.

Season 3 of Voltron aired on Netflix, pretty damn good but its CLEARLY a half-season as "season 4" airs in October. Granted it allows me to enjoy season 3 more, but I see what those tricky bastards are doing.

Also "Sing" is on Netflix and that is awesome.

Okay I know its comic accurate but "In Brightest Light", but wouldn't it make MORE sense if Lois got the Green Lantern ring? 3 seasons of skirting danger, yet Kyle beats up one mugger and BAM-superpowers.

HEADCANON ACCEPTED! ALSO-on the latest Red Vs. Blue season, we see more evidence that the Reds & Blues are pretty much...the rare exceptions to Simtrooper intelligence in Project Freelancers. Buncha straight-up dumb asses, and I'm saying that COMPARED to Caboose.

Huh...anyone else think the A-story of the "Rick and Jerry" episode was a little...predictable? The B-story had a better pay-off in earnest.
I dunno. Rick was making drunk promises again and, to be frank, Jerry did the only reasonable thing he could have. While it's true the Jerry is everything Rick says he is, that really doesn't change the fact that Rick went out of his way to blame Jerry for Beth's failures. Fuck, -I- would kill Rick after everything he's done, given the same opportunity that Jerry was.

It's not Jerry's fault the Beth never achieved anything. She's terrible at her chosen profession and has the same delusions of grandeur Jerry does. Where was Rick to help her?
It's not Jerry's fault that Beth decided the keep the baby. Where were Rick and Diane during this? Did they BOTH abandon her? It's not like Rick couldn't have used his science to make things... easier? on them.
It's not Jerry's fault that Beth has abandonment issues and chose the one person who would never leave her, no matter how much she screwed up. Rick gave her those issues!

-EVERYTHING- Rick blamed Jerry for was his own damn fault. He says he hates Jerry because Jerry ruined Beth's life, but he's just deflecting. Rick really hates himself. And now Morty has no respect for ether of his parents because he knows how much of a fuck up they both are.

The B story was fun though.

Yeah that to-
-Rick is the LAST person to shame anyone for ruining Beth's life, or fuck lecture anyone due to all the horrible things he's done. Plus I won't lie his status as a guy who does whatever he wants and gets away with everything this season...feels kinda Mary Sueish. Its probably leading up to a bigger pay off where he ACTUALLY suffers, but dammit if it doesn't bug me that everyone else develops as a character other than him, at least this season.

Also Beth REALLY needs to get over being a horse surgeon, veterinary school is actually HARDER to get into and she makes enough to own a house and support a family basically by herself.

In less fun news, the 2016 Powerpuff Girls writers-IN ALL THEIR WISDOM-decided to bring in a fourth Powerpuff girl. And no...she's not Bunny. Obviously the internet is angry.