The Webcomic That Still Makes Me Laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm interested to see if his subscription for additional content pans out. I hope so.
It's too much for me to pay. $5 for four extra comics is a lot for me. Doing it for a whole year would be a major chunk of my entertainment budget. $15 for 6 comics seems absurd to me, even if you do get them all printed out. I've been reading Real Life for a long time, and I want to see the strip continue, but the pricing structure isn't something I can back with my money.

I love my iGeek earbud winder, though. It's a fantastic companion to my MP3 player.

I wish Greg had gone with pushing his books more, instead of this subscription thing. I missed my chance to get the first volume, and now it feels like I'll never have the chance.

S

Soliloquy

Honestly, I think the comic would do better if it had better art. It's a great comic, but I never find myself thinking to check it on a regular basis.

Though I may be wrong, since I regularly check chainsawsuit, cyanide and happiness, xkcd, and 8 bit theater. So perhaps it's not good art I'm looking for. Perhaps I just don't like art that's mediocre--neither intentionally horrible nor artistically impressive.

Or maybe I just don't like it as much as I think I do?

Real Life uses a lot of sarcastic humor, which is more niche (ie, less broadly loved/appreciated) than many other comics.

For that it's really great, but it's not going to appeal to a lot of people. They'll 'get it' but it won't be particularly catchy.

Those who are really sarcastic, though (I'm looking at YOU [REDACTED]) will get a big kick out of it.

-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.