Export thread

The TNG AMA

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

No, not The Next Generation AMA. That'd be if I said ST: TNG. This is That Nick Guy's AMA. Because...y'know, everyone else is doing it, anyway.

Personally, I think Dave or someone'll take them all soon and move them into the Advice thread or as a sub-forum in there. Then again, I think everyone's already posted on here, so the trend should die down soon.

I digress. Fire away.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Have there been any good wrestling matches in the last 5 years?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

What would be your dream Wrestlemania card for this year?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Have there been any good wrestling matches in the last 5 years?
A few, yeah. Punk vs. Cena at Money in the Bank was fantastic. So were any matches involving Undertaker at Wrestlemania.[DOUBLEPOST=1358297941][/DOUBLEPOST]
What would be your dream Wrestlemania card for this year?
Anything that didn't involve Cena or Rock holding or wrestling for the title.

Anonymous

What am I doing with my life?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm asking myself that same questions these days. Wish I knew.

phil

phil

I didn't mean to anon that. Must have accidentally hit the bottom right as I hit submit. Fat fingers + phone posting= unexpected fun!

figmentPez

figmentPez

You've dealt with being an older college student before, how do I subtly find out the age of the cute redhead in my acting class before I start hitting on her? :awesome:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Ask her who the cookie crisp mascot was when she was a kid. If she says a burglar, she's in her early 20s.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What is the cutest thing ever?

Zappit

Zappit

Prom night. What really happened? Leave no detail out.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

If you were trapped in a deserted island, say Moncton, and only had a giant crate of comic books to entertain yourself, what comic books would you absolutely positively not want to find filled up that crate?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Where do you find wisdom?

Necronic

Necronic

Why do you think you're better than The Next Generation

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Your three favorite wrestlers (past or present).

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I apologize if I've conflated you with someone else that worked in a video store for a while, but could you please tell a Clerks-esque story of someone asking a really dumb question about movies while you were working there?

strawman

strawman

Think back to you very first job where you knew you'd be receiving a real paycheck at the end of the pay period. Now think of the very first day of that job. If you knew then what you know now, would you have done anything different on that day than you did?

figmentPez

figmentPez

What food, candy or drink from your childhood are you feeling most nostalgic for right now?

phil

phil

Will OP deliver?

Also who is your favorite voice actor?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why aren't you answering?

Why am I all alone here?

Why does no-one love me?!?

dill616

dill616

You've dealt with being an older college student before, how do I subtly find out the age of the cute redhead in my acting class before I start hitting on her? :awesome:
Ask her if she remembers the 80's!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Will OP deliver?
ThatNickGuy

You should deliver. Show that you're better than 99% of OPs

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Maybe once I'm feeling better. Been going through major bouts of depression this week.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Bring up something from your childhood and how you miss it or it makes you feel old. The conversation should steer into ages from there.

Or you could just cut off one of her limbs and check the rings. It works for trees.[DOUBLEPOST=1358617899][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is the cutest thing ever?
[DOUBLEPOST=1358618010][/DOUBLEPOST]
Prom night. What really happened? Leave no detail out.
We went, we danced. Then, before going to a friend's party afterwards, we went to her place so she could change. We dry humped, then went to the party, which was of a non-alcoholic variety. And then we went back to our respective homes.

The reason I didn't get none (despite that we were sexually active) was she was in the middle of her "lady time."[DOUBLEPOST=1358618146][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you were trapped in a deserted island, say Moncton, and only had a giant crate of comic books to entertain yourself, what comic books would you absolutely positively not want to find filled up that crate?
Anything by the following creators:
-Rob Liefeld
-Mark Millar (except Ultimates, which was kinda fun in a dumb, summer blockbuster kind of way)
-Bill Jemas
-Jim Lee
-J. Michael Strazinsky
-Chuck Austen
-Jeph Loeb (except where he teams up with artist Tim Sale)[DOUBLEPOST=1358618204][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where do you find wisdom?
Usually in the pages of X-Men comic, Excalibur.

....what?[DOUBLEPOST=1358618241][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why do you think you're better than The Next Generation
Does Next Generation have anything to do with a anthropomorphic armadillo private detective? I THINK NOT. Winner: Me.[DOUBLEPOST=1358618288][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your three favorite wrestlers (past or present).
Oof, kind of a tough question. Hmm. I'd probably go with Bret Hart, Mick Foley, and Daniel Bryan.[DOUBLEPOST=1358618473][/DOUBLEPOST]
I apologize if I've conflated you with someone else that worked in a video store for a while, but could you please tell a Clerks-esque story of someone asking a really dumb question about movies while you were working there?
I've got a bunch here: http://thatnickguy.livejournal.com/tag/work stories which include a lot of my most memorable. I'll copy and paste one of my favourites.

The Scene: Saturday night, nearly 10 PM, the end of my shift and go home to some sweet, sweet...er, cuddling with my cat, I guess. Nothing out of the ordinary had occurred all night.
The Situation: A five year old boy comes up to the counter with five dollars and a membership card.
The Players: Myself and Little Boy.

LB: Can I get The Boogeyman?
Me: *stunned, stands there for a second* Um. No, sorry, bud.
LB: But whyyyyyyyy? (anyone familiar with kids knows what this sounds like)
Me: You're way, WAY too young for it.
LB: But I'm not scared!
Me: You're still too young to rent, man. You need your mom or dad with you.
LB: Whyyyyyyyy?
Me: Because you're too young to rent on your own and you need your mom or dad with you.
LB: But I've seen stuff like this before! I won't get scared!
Me: The movie is rated 18 (actually 14, but I thought it was 18). Are you 18?
LB: No, I'm five! Can I get The Boogeyman!?
Me: I can't. We'll get in trouble if we rent it to you. (We as in the store, of course.)
LB: Whyyyyyy?
Me: We'll get in trouble with the cops.
LB: But I won't get scared!
Me: You still need your mom or dad to rent it for you.

The Resolution: Finally, his mother comes in, not surprised that we didn't rent to him. She went on how he watches those kind of movies all the time and is obsessed with The Boogeyman. So, she gave us the five dollars and her and her son were on their merry way.[DOUBLEPOST=1358618593][/DOUBLEPOST]
Think back to you very first job where you knew you'd be receiving a real paycheck at the end of the pay period. Now think of the very first day of that job. If you knew then what you know now, would you have done anything different on that day than you did?
My first job was dish washing at a little Chinese restaurant. I had no breaks and was standing for 8 hours straight. By the time I was done, I was sore and exhausted (sounds like my prom night).

But, I felt pretty damn good when I got that first pay cheque. I think I celebrated by having my parents drive me to Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island; I used to live in Summerside, which was an hour away) to buy some comics at the only comic shop on the island.[DOUBLEPOST=1358618679][/DOUBLEPOST]
What food, candy or drink from your childhood are you feeling most nostalgic for right now?
Dip sticks. I don't know how widely available these were, but they were these candy sticks where you licked it, then dipped it into another one of the package's pouches filled with ground candy.[DOUBLEPOST=1358618748][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also who is your favorite voice actor?
It's a toss up between Clancy Brown or Keith David. Though probably stronger leaning towards Clancy Brown, because he voiced both Lex Luthor and Rhino.[DOUBLEPOST=1358618824][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why aren't you answering?

Why am I all alone here?

Why does no-one love me?!?
As I said previously, I've been going through a really bad bout of depression, lately.

But you're not alone on here. Never alone! Everybody loves the Bubble! Observe:

[DOUBLEPOST=1358618894][/DOUBLEPOST]...holy crap, did I actually manage to answer them all?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aww! Nice to know Dill cares about hygiene.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Have you considered being a yoga instructor?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Have you considered being a yoga instructor?
I have, but I haven't been in great shape for about two years now. And honestly, I'd likely only be interested in instructing YRG, because it's so much fun. :p

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dip sticks. I don't know how widely available these were, but they were these candy sticks where you licked it, then dipped it into another one of the package's pouches filled with ground candy.
I think that type of candy is pretty common, though under different names. Lik-m-aid / Fun Dip might be the most common name, but I could be wrong:

Looks like it's still around, too:
LIK-M-AID-FUN-DIP-1036x1.5oz-US1.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

Would you like to become one of my minions? It comes with a snappy uniform, full health coverage, and your own personal doomweasel.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Would you like to become one of my minions? It comes with a snappy uniform, full health coverage, and your own personal doomweasel.
My cat wouldn't let me. He has world domination plans of his own.

Also, he's going to provide a dental plan, too.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

TNG needs braces!

DENTAL PLAN!

TNG needs braces!

DENTAL PLAN!

Emrys

Emrys

Doomweasel note to Emrys - incorporate TNG's cat into world domination plans. Add dental to minion health care package.

dill616

dill616

Aww! Nice to know Dill cares about hygiene.

I was so confused by this for a good two minutes. :p

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I was so confused by this for a good two minutes. :p
Dammit, Dill = Dilbert Pinkerton! DILBERT PINKERTON!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm sure dill616 also smells nice and is generally clean, although I'm not sure about her sleuthing abilities.

Gusto

Gusto

Polar opposite, really.

dill616

dill616

Dammit, Dill = Dilbert Pinkerton! DILBERT PINKERTON!

NO! I came first! Plus, my name is just "Dill" and it comes from a hundred years of strong family history!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

NO! I came first! Plus, my name is just "Dill" and it comes from a hundred years of strong family history!
Nuh uh! You've only been here for, like, a year or two. I've been writing Dill now for a good three years.

dill616

dill616

Nuh uh! You've only been here for, like, a year or two. I've been writing Dill now for a good three years.

I've been Dill for 26 years, 8 months, 6 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 36 seconds. Dill with it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I've been Dill for 26 years, 8 months, 6 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 36 seconds. Dill with it.
That's it, I'm grabbing The Daymaker (Dill's gun).

Cajungal

Cajungal

Why don't you just change your protagonist's name to Bread and Butter? Or Klaussen?

General Specific

General Specific

dill616

dill616

I believe the General is getting out the army of tanks. HOO RA!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Guys.... let's settle this over a jar of cold, crunchy pickles. I might have to go to the store right now. All this dill talk is givin' me the envie.

strawman

strawman

ThatNickGuy - Dill pickles, sweet pickles, or bread and butter pickles?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I do not like pickles, except in a sub from Subway.[DOUBLEPOST=1358805929][/DOUBLEPOST]

General Specific

General Specific

ThatNickGuy
Me

phil

phil

I don't know what's going on but

General Specific

General Specific

ThatNickGuy
Me

Adam

Adam

How much fun was it working with Sir Patrick Stewart on set?

Wrong TNG AMA?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Right, since this is becoming a thing again and I'm bored, I shall necro mine to the top, baby! Straight to the top! It's gonna be gold, Jerry!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Who is your favorite Seinfeld character (main 4)?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Whats a good Superman story in your opinion?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Are there any video games (or a series of games) that you can't stand, despite popular opinion saying it is a fantastic game?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Who is your favorite Seinfeld character (main 4)?
Hm, tough call but I think I'll go with George. Elaine's annoying, Kramer's overrated, and Jerry's...well, Jerry. None of them are likeable (which is intentional), but George was the closest I felt to relatable for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1360462681][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats a good Superman story in your opinion?
Oh god, that's like asking me to pick a favourite child! Here's some of my personal favourites and short reasons why:

1) Death, Funeral, & Return of Superman - This is what got me back into comics. The writing, specifically the dialogue, can be dated at times, but the story overall is a whole lot of fun.

2) All Star Superman - While this is probably my all time favourite, it's hard to recommend this to new readers. It has so much of Superman's mythos embedded in it that I think a new reader might be lost. But by god, I love it because of the way it plays with all the best toys in the Superman toybox. And does it in such an amazing, jaw-dropping, perfectly characterized way.

3) Secret Identity - This is, hands down, not only my favourite Superman story of all time, but it still remains my favourite comic of all time. It's funny that, given that it's an Elseworld (alternate reality), it's not even our Superman, and yet still perfectly captures the very essence of everything that I love about Superman.

4) Action Comics #750 - "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" was also adapted into the animated movie, Superman vs. The Elite and I love it. It takes the idea of "why don't the violent superheroes just replace doofuses like Superman?" and shows why, exactly, superheroes like - or even especially like - Superman, still have a place in this world.

5) Kingdom Come - Honestly, this plays with a lot of the same themes as Superman vs. The Elite, but does it on a much larger scale, using just about every possible character imaginable in the DC Universe. While it has a large cast, Superman is still at the forefront and rightfully so.

6) Birthright - One of the best modern retellings of Superman, done back in the early 2000s. I love so many ideas behind it, like that he's a vegetarian because he can see auras (played very painfully at one point) or that the "S" represents all of Krypton because it makes more sense for the Last Son of Krypton than just the Last Son of the House of El. I especially love the scene where he catches a bullet from a guns salesman and says, "There. Now you'll forever know how it felt for that ten year old..."

Whew, how's that?[DOUBLEPOST=1360462823][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are there any video games (or a series of games) that you can't stand, despite popular opinion saying it is a fantastic game?
Call of Duty and Halo, because I think they're overrated purely for their multiplayer aspect, when honestly, they're only ho-hum FPS games in terms of their actual main storyline. Honestly, I think it bother me that there's a deluge of mostly-the-same triple A games get the majority of the spotlight when there are a lot of really great, imaginative, and unique not-so-Triple-A games out there.[DOUBLEPOST=1360463064][/DOUBLEPOST]
How was it? HOW WAS IT?! MOTHAFUCKING INFORMATIVE! Thank you good sir.
De nada. If you wind up picking any of those because of my recommendation, do please let me know. I'd love to hear what you think, even if you disagree!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

How was it? HOW WAS IT?! MOTHAFUCKING INFORMATIVE! Thank you good sir.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Will you pay my bills this month? I can afford it, I just want to exploit someone.

dill616

dill616

Presented without comment: