[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

At first I was aghast, but then the brutality kept going and going to the point it was silly and I started laughing that anyone thought this was a good idea.

The part of Dick Grayson will now be played by Bush era Jason Todd.

And Dick Grayson would never say that about Batman. Even during the time when he and Bats were not getting along he would never even think that about Batman.\

Whoever is responsible for Titans should be ashamed.

Oh good lord, that is wrong on so many levels. They really just don't get why their live action movies are not performing up to Marvel numbers.

God, that Titans trailer was awful. At least Teen Titans Go! knows what kind of show it is and can at least sometimes be fun. This just looks like they dove in the deep end of '90s grimdark.

Surely it can't be that bad.

*watches the trailer*

Yep, it is that bad.

Also, this is going to be part of the same universe as DC's other TV series, right? Like Supergirl, Flash, Arrow etc? Because with how the Titans are behaving, I can picture Supergirl coming in to take them all down.

EDIT: Also, haha, remember when people thought Starfire's costume was going to be the worst part of this series?

Surely it can't be that bad.

*watches the trailer*

Yep, it is that bad.

Also, this is going to be part of the same universe as DC's other TV series, right? Like Supergirl, Flash, Arrow etc? Because with how the Titans are behaving, I can picture Supergirl coming in to take them all down.

EDIT: Also, haha, remember when people thought Starfire's costume was going to be the worst part of this series?
I don't think it shares a universe with the CW shows. Even Black Lightning is in a different universe and it's on the same channel. These will be on the DC Universe app, so they'll probably share a universe with Swamp Thing.

The Arrowverse looks like the DCAU compared that crappy ass Titans trailer! And YEAH I know the effects aren't all the way done but good GOD why did they think the Titans would be a good choice for a hardcore bonebreaking, bloodspilling, f-bombing SUPERHERO TEAM?!

I guess I don't have much of an attachment to the franchise, but I thought it looked fine. Like, not particularly good or anything, but I dunno. Meh?

I thought Robin was dead in the DC universe though.

I don't have attachment to the Titans either, but it looks like Frank Miller is the showrunner. Like it's a silly level of "we're hardcorrrrrrrre!"

I'm not sure if these share a universe with the movies, but even if they do, Jason Todd is the dead Robin in BvS. This is Dick Grayson.

Holy fucking shit, I feel the exact OPPOSITE about that from the Titans trailer! I don't even care that he's not called Captain Marve-okay that's a lie, that will always bother me and that rage will always lie in the darkest nerdy recesses of my soul-BUT I'M STILL GENERALLY HYPED!

I am SO. FUCKING. IN.
Me too. This actually looks fun and charming, and feels like it gets the appeal of a character like Shazam.

Still curious to see what they're doing with Dr. Sivana (though how much they're borrowing from the New 52 storyline might give some idea), but overall, I'm actually excited about this.

The superhero version of "Big".

This looks really really good. I like how they make fun of the grim dark DC stuff with the kids joke of the abusive foster parents.

I, um, I kinda want to see Aquaman. I think it looks fun.

That's two DC movies I actually want to see. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE INTERESTED IN DC MOVIES ANYMORE.

Well, it’s not what I want, exactly, but it at least looks like something I could enjoy. I can really get behind a good “A bunch of extraordinary stuff just happened...now what do I do?” Story.
The superhero version of "Big".
This was my immediate thought as well.

—Patrick

I, um, I kinda want to see Aquaman. I think it looks fun.

That's two DC movies I actually want to see. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE INTERESTED IN DC MOVIES ANYMORE.
Apparently, DC Films has had a restructuring after the results of Justice League and Zack Snyder might have gotten the boot as part of the process. We might be seeing the start of a Snyder-less DC Cinematic Universe.

Apparently, DC Films has had a restructuring after the results of Justice League and Zack Snyder might have gotten the boot as part of the process. We might be seeing the start of a Snyder-less DC Cinematic Universe.
Thank Christ.

Though I have to admit, I don't think a tone change will get me to see Man of Steel 2. The bad taste of it and other Necksnapper McMurderson appearances soured me on the idea.

But these two? They look like bright, fun movies. Hopefully they're more self-contained like Wonder Woman was (except one minor thing about "Bruce").

Thank Christ.

Though I have to admit, I don't think a tone change will get me to see Man of Steel 2. The bad taste of it and other Necksnapper McMurderson appearances soured me on the idea.

But these two? They look like bright, fun movies. Hopefully they're more self-contained like Wonder Woman was (except one minor thing about "Bruce").
Yep. It's even to such an extent that they're rebranding the films from DCEU (DC Extended Universes) to Worlds of DC.

Also, Henry Cavill shares your sympathies. Apparently, he wants to make another Man of Steel film, and the response he's been saying suggests he wants to capture that more hopeful aspect of Superman.