The Breakfast Club

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Breakfast Club

Tagline: They only met once, but it changed their lives forever.

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John Hughes[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Judd Nelson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Molly Ringwald[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emilio Estevez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Michael Hall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Gleason[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ally Sheedy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Kapelos[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Perry Crawford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mary Christian[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ron Dean[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tim Gamble[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Fran Gargano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mercedes Hall[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1985-02-15[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]97[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Five high school students—the jock, the brain, the criminal, the princess and the basket case—break through the social barriers of high school during Saturday detention.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Favorite movie ever. I love was John Hughes was able to do with dialogue, a minimal cast and a minimal setting. Even though the clothes, music and slang are dated, the characters are just as relevant today (for better or worse).

I think the relevancy of its characters is perfectly okay. Especially considering what the movie is all about. It's a pretty realistic take on things, and pokes holes at the clique mentality that people seem to insist on holding onto, even well past high school.

I meant that 30 years later, there are still parents abusing their kids, parents pushing their kids to win at all costs, parents who are willing to turn a blind eye to their kid's struggles.

Go to just about any school that has diverse socioeconomic population, you will find kids dressing pretty much the same way... besides Judd's bicycle gloves. About the only thing that has really changed in clothes in the last 30 years is the waistline of the pants.