Silent Hill: Homecoming not seeing a Japanese Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally. Sweet sweet revenge.

Do you know of the sheer amount of amazing games that never made it to NA because they wouldn't bother to translate it? Bastards. Mother 3, Fire Emblem and countless others.

I perfectly understand why they didn't do a GBA release of Mother 3: It was released well into the life of the DS and they wanted to focus on that in the US. They simply don't have any excuse for not releasing it on the Wii Virtual Console.

Except Japanese gamers mostly have a good grasp of English and can both import and understand it, so no real shafting for them :rolleyes:

Except Japanese gamers mostly have a good grasp of English and can both import and understand it, so no real shafting for them :rolleyes:
Actually, most Japanese gamers have a tenuous grasp of English AT BEST, as they have trouble learning it for the same reasons English speakers find Japanese so hard (the languages share no roots, so it's a completely foreign process). They would also need to import a 360/PS3 to play it.

Regardless, this is one of the few instances when Japan didn't see a release of a major franchise, let alone a franchise that STARTED in Japan.

I would say, "Ha ha, eat it Japan." if Homecoming weren't mediocre as fuck.
It had far superior gameplay when compared to other games in the series and atmosphere in spades... it just didn't have the strong story to push those features along. I'd still rather play it that Homecoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.