Scambaiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elph

I thought of making posts on Craigslist about being a retired 80 year old woman who's husband just died and that I have all this money I have nothing to do with. I'm eager to help out any organization that helps 3rd world children.... etc. etc.

Wow, those guys are serious. That's a great site but I don't have the commitment to pull that off. The most I do is string along phone scammers right until they think I'm going to give up my info and then I say "Let me get my information together and I'll call you back. What's your phone num--" *click*

Not much but it's mildly entertaining.

C

cvgurau

ZenMonkey said:
Wow, those guys are serious. That's a great site but I don't have the commitment to pull that off. The most I do is string along phone scammers right until they think I'm going to give up my info and then I say "Let me get my information together and I'll call you back. What's your phone num--" *click*

Not much but it's mildly entertaining.

I've done something like this, but not nearly so polite.

I listen to their spiel, and feign interest. When they ask for the decision-maker of the house, I go, "Yeah, that sounds like something they might like. Hang on, let me go get them." Then I sit there, timing how long it takes them to hang up. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.