[Books] Sample chapter of Winds of Winter out (Song of Ice and Fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't.

(Still need to begin Storm of Swords. Maybe when I make my next New York trip in January, I'll start it on the bus, although I might not want to visit with my friends anymore once I'm 200 pages deep in Westoros again.)

...that better be an actual excerpt and not all he's worked on since Dance came out. Much as I like the books, he's doesn't write well enough for 5 years in-between books to be worth the wait.

I'm pretty sure he had already written a few chapters that were originally supposed to be in Dances that he's moved to Winds. Or am I getting that mixed up?

I'm pretty sure he had already written a few chapters that were originally supposed to be in Dances that he's moved to Winds. Or am I getting that mixed up?
Correct. He'd already written 100 pages of Winter by the time Dance was released.

I think we're going to see the next two books come more quickly, if only because he intended to write them. Feast and Dance were never supposed to exist--Martin had said he wanted to have five years pass after Storm before the next book, but found it too hard to tell in flashback and decided begrudgingly to write out those events. I think that's why it's taken 10 years. He just wasn't as interested. Hopefully we'll see only 2-3 years between Dance to Winter, and Winter to Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.