Question for ScytheRexx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured the fastest way to find this out was just to ask you:

For a while Blizzard job postings have indicated they're gearing up for another MMO. Have they specifically stated anything about this other than that it exists? (In particular, did they specify that it was a new universe? If not I'd assume that it's a StarCraft MMO, set to come shortly after StarCraft II and it's successors introduce new content that fills out the universe with a wider variety of peoples and places, similar to how WarCraft III did to set the stage for WoW.

E

elph

Raemon777 said:
I figured the fastest way to find this out was just to ask you:

For a while Blizzard job postings have indicated they're gearing up for another MMO. Have they specifically stated anything about this other than that it exists? (In particular, did they specify that it was a new universe? If not I'd assume that it's a StarCraft MMO, set to come shortly after StarCraft II and it's successors introduce new content that fills out the universe with a wider variety of peoples and places, similar to how WarCraft III did to set the stage for WoW.
They have said that they are working on a new 'next gen mmo' that is from a brand new IP. They have specifically said it is not based on any current universe (Diablo/StarCraft/Warcraft). That it is completely new. Beyond that, they haven't said anything more about it other then "It will be different from WoW."

elph said:
They have said that they are working on a new 'next gen mmo' that is from a brand new IP. They have specifically said it is not based on any current universe (Diablo/StarCraft/Warcraft). That it is completely new. Beyond that, they haven'ts aid anything more about it other then "It will be different from WoW."
elph is correct. Guess I was to slow. :toocool:

Blizzard's done some, what is it, copyright filings? Trademarking? Something to do with the term "Cataclysm," which has led to speculation that it might be the name of the new MMO, or have something else to do with it. Not much to go on but as elph said, there really isn't much to go on right now. After Blizzcon next month, maybe.

E

elph

ScytheRexx said:
elph said:
They have said that they are working on a new 'next gen mmo' that is from a brand new IP. They have specifically said it is not based on any current universe (Diablo/StarCraft/Warcraft). That it is completely new. Beyond that, they haven'ts aid anything more about it other then "It will be different from WoW."
elph is correct. Guess I was to slow. :toocool:
haha... I was hoping you'd come in with more info on it too anyway. I was just looking for info on it to site, but everything I'm finding now is from 2007. I know they've made mention of it since then. But I also know it's way too soon for them to really talk about it. Maybe coming BlizzCon. It would be nice. There has to be something big this year or it's just going to be boring. Last year they made some major announcements.

elph said:
haha... I was hoping you'd come in with more info on it too anyway. I was just looking for info on it to site, but everything I'm finding now is from 2007. I know they've made mention of it since then. But I also know it's way too soon for them to really talk about it. Maybe coming BlizzCon. It would be nice. There has to be something big this year or it's just going to be boring. Last year they made some major announcements.
Really there is not much else to know right now.

It is a new IP.
Blizzard has barely done any work on it.
It will not be the same as WoW in gameplay.
It will be "Next Gen", though I think those words lose a lot of meaning these days.

I just hope it gets made. I once spoke with a art designer at Blizzard who showed me some concepts from a game that they were working on but scrapped before it even got off the ground. There are a lot of games they cancel internally without us ever knowing they existed, and for awhile I worried the new MMO would turn into one of those (Other then the job listing we had no idea about it, for all it could have been just some upgrade to WoW).

ZenMonkey said:
Blizzard's done some, what is it, copyright filings? Trademarking? Something to do with the term "Cataclysm," which has led to speculation that it might be the name of the new MMO, or have something else to do with it. Not much to go on but as elph said, there really isn't much to go on right now. After Blizzcon next month, maybe.
Just a heads up, Cataclysm is the name of the next xpac for WoW.

Just to hijack a little, I wonder why nobody has developed a Fallout MMO. Seems like people would be having all manner of 'gasms over that. I'd even give it a trial run, provided it didn't necessitate large blocks of uninterrupted time.

Jake said:
Just to hijack a little, I wonder why nobody has developed a Fallout MMO. Seems like people would be having all manner of 'gasms over that. I'd even give it a trial run, provided it didn't necessitate large blocks of uninterrupted time.
You know, I have to admit, that would be fun. Wandering around the wastelands killing Super Mutants before going on the big raid on the Enclave Fortress. :pirate: Probably will never happen though.

I always had this wish jumping around in my head that the new Blizzard MMO would be a post-apocalyptic style setting. They already have the high fantasy series (WarCraft), the Gothic fantasy series (Diablo), and the Sci-Fi series (StarCraft) so the new IP should be something related to another geeky genre without stepping on the shoes of the other IPs, and I would much rather it be something a little more on the sci-fi spectrum then just another fantasy game.

Here is hoping anyways. :D

ScytheRexx said:
You know, I have to admit, that would be fun. Wandering around the wastelands killing Super Mutants before going on the big raid on the Enclave Fortress. :pirate: Probably will never happen though.

I always had this wish jumping around in my head that the new Blizzard MMO would be a post-apocalyptic style setting. They already have the high fantasy series (WarCraft), the Gothic fantasy series (Diablo), and the Sci-Fi series (StarCraft) so the new IP should be something related to another geeky genre without stepping on the shoes of the other IPs, and I would much rather it be something a little more on the sci-fi spectrum then just another fantasy game.

Here is hoping anyways. :D
I vote: Steam Punk Post-Apocalyptica!

Status
Not open for further replies.