PSPGo/Game Gear 2 Hands On With IGN

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSP Go Hands On With IGN

Interesting but I finally just managed to buy the original PSP so I don;t think I will be running out to pick up the new one yet.

PSP Go Hands On With IGN

How. The. Fuck. Do you manage to lessen the battery life AFTER losing the motor driven laser based fucking media?

JESUS CHRIST SONY.

PSP Go Hands On With IGN

Interesting but I finally just managed to buy the original PSP so I don;t think I will be running out to pick up the new one yet.
At least it's not as bad the DSlite... Nintendo is pressuring companies into making download-able games instead of the old cartridge games to force people into upgrading.

PSP Go Hands On With IGN

At least it's not as bad the DSlite... Nintendo is pressuring companies into making download-able games instead of the old cartridge games to force people into upgrading.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? The DSlite has been out for years now.

I'm having a tough time seeing the overall appeal.

The simplified, yet more capable, connectivity is cool, as in the 16 GB internal drive, and pop-out controls for a smaller chassis, but I would have to re-buy every PSP game I own, the screen would be smaller, it's not much lighter than the slim PSP, and it's more expensive.

I might be convinced to upgrade to the PSP slim, but unless they offer free downloads for turned in games or something like that, the PSPgo is just not an option.

EDIT: and that battery life. Seriously, WTF?

figmentPez

Staff member
PSP Go Hands On With IGN

How. The. Fuck. Do you manage to lessen the battery life AFTER losing the motor driven laser based fucking media?
Did Sony learn nothing from every other game system to lose to the Gameboy? Good battery life is essential to the portable market.

Reverse compatibility is also vital, at least in the first year or two of the new system's life. People want to be able to play old games on their hand helds, especially since trade in for hand held titles SUCKS.

Reverse compatibility is also vital, at least in the first year or two of the new system's life. People want to be able to play old games on their hand helds, especially since trade in for hand held titles SUCKS.
The PsPGO isn't even backwards compatible with the PsP. I haven't found any information on any sort of conversion kit to move old UMD games to the GO.

The PsPGO isn't even backwards compatible with the PsP. I haven't found any information on any sort of conversion kit to move old UMD games to the GO.[/QUOTE]

They are indeed working on a method doing it. Personally, I'd just make a device that copies the game and puts it on the HD of the PSPGo... they'll never do this because of piracy concerns, but it's an idea. Another idea would be to make something that reads the UMD and then gives you the option to download the game from a Sony owned site, assuming it can detect it as a non-pirated copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.