Pirates of the Carribean 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThatNickGuy

I think it was more their mutual chemistry together that stole the movie. :D

I'm damn glad I read the thread and the article first. I was sall set to go "Miley Cyrus to replace Keira Knightley? Hell no", but, phew :-P

I the the first one was a great pirate movie, the second was a nice SFX movie, and the third was cool once they get past Singapore. But I still hate the way they killed off the Kraken.

S

Soliloquy

I'm damn glad I read the thread and the article first. I was sall set to go "Miley Cyrus to replace Keira Knightley? Hell no", but, phew :-P

I the the first one was a great pirate movie, the second was a nice SFX movie, and the third was cool once they get past Singapore. But I still hate the way they killed off the Kraken.
Yeah, they were all "So, the Kraken's gone now. Yeah. Don't have to worry about that plot point any more."

They should have just had them kill the Kraken in the 2nd movie.

You guys are brain damaged. Barbossa WAS great, but there can be only one Jack Sparrow!!!
Thank God. Now kill him off quickly! ;)

In the first movie he was great. By the second it was like he had become a parody of himself. In the third he was just annoying.

As long as it is self-contained, I will probably end up going to see it.

I have a thing where all "Threequals" by nature are crap because the second and third movie is just one big movie cut in two. If they made each movie a more self-contained affair I would have liked them a lot more.

Also, don't add back in characters and give them an important role the second movie, only to kill them off in the most retarded manner the next movie. (Norrington)

In the first movie he was great. By the second it was like he had become a parody of himself. In the third he was just annoying.
Seems I'm the exact opposite side of the spectrum of this opinion. I feel he was the only saving grace of the entire series. With exception to Barbossa and a few Davy Jones scenes, I couldn't stand the character cast.

Seems I'm the exact opposite side of the spectrum of this opinion. I feel he was the only saving grace of the entire series. With exception to Barbossa and a few Davy Jones scenes, I couldn't stand the character cast.
I actually think Jack and Barbossa should be the only reoccurring characters anyways (and maybe Gibs). The Will and Elizabeth story should be buried, only bring them back for maybe a cameo but the interest in them has run out, we need new characters that don't get killed off in the first 15 minutes of the movie or turn into raging sea gods.

I'd probably bring back Pintel and Ragetti (One eyed pirate and his uncle). They work well as a comedic duo, as well as a sort of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, if they were pirates". Besides, something tells me that a guy with one eye isn't going to get a lot of parts...

Seems I'm the exact opposite side of the spectrum of this opinion. I feel he was the only saving grace of the entire series. With exception to Barbossa and a few Davy Jones scenes, I couldn't stand the character cast.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, anyone with a modicum of taste dislikes Orlando Bloom :-P

One thing I liked in the third movie is when Pintel and Ragetti faced the two colony soldiers who had guarded the boats in the first POTC. Comedy bit-parts battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.