[Console] OH EA, oh you..Official Battlefield 3 Servers Disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/09/official-dice-servers-disappear-from-battlefield-3/

JIST: EA and DICE have withdrawn the mutliplayer servers for Battlefield 3. Now, in order to play, one must rent a server from them for 30$ for 30 days. Of course, gamers being the fucking awful wretches they are, have signed up in droves. I'm sure this won't affect most people who can just find someone's public rented server. Of course, you'll always be at the tender mercies of the admin.

I don't know who I can't stand more, the gamers/enablers who just lick this anti-consumer gouging up in droves or the corporation who perpetrates it.

I hate you both.

I can't wait until the next gen of gaming when everything will have a subscription fee.

Of course, this is another game with the online pass system. So, if you bought a used copy, you had to pay EA extra to play online, where some other fan (or yourself) has to pay to keep a server going for you.

EA and all companies associated with them are labeled with a huge red BUYER BEWARE.

I got BF3 free when I bought ME3... I never even bothered to download the program... remember how much I seethed when I played the beta of it and posted about it?

It's trash.

Just like COD.

I am not automatically opposed to online passes...but now wtf are they for if you're not going to host servers?!

They may as well call it a "used tax" and stop BSing around.

figmentPez

Staff member
So, now they're claiming they didn't take away the free servers, they just had such a demand that all their servers were rented out and that left no free servers available.

Uh, wut?

Sounds like they are moving to the auction model. Build 50 (or whatever) servers, then make people bid for time on them.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.