Now that Post Counts are gone....

Replace Post Count Title with User Made Titles and Remove Rank Mod?

• My opinion was walking down a dark corridor and was eaten by a Grue.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to re-submit my original request for user made "titles".

Removing RANK and allowing users to choose their own "title" was my original request but at the time wasn't passed for whatever reasons, but now that we no longer have post counts linking our titles, and the fact that a large part of the community now all share the same titles, it seems like a good move. Also by allowing this we free up a slot underneath the avatars for more of Dave's mod tinkering. Heck, even replace RANK with the MOOD smiley again.

Baerdog7 said:
Interesting idea, but post counts aren't gone. I'm looking at your 4388 post count as I type this.
*shrug* It's gone on the default theme setting. Where all the mods are placed anyhow.

C

Cuyval Dar

Charlie Dont Surf said:
I support custom titles and the OP unabashedly.
What he said.

Damn you Shego for making me agree with Charlie!

Shegokigo said:
Baerdog7 said:
Interesting idea, but post counts aren't gone. I'm looking at your 4388 post count as I type this.
*shrug* It's gone on the default theme setting. Where all the mods are placed anyhow.
Ah, that might explain some things. I am using AcidTech.

T

The Mike

How are we supposed to prove one is popular without post counts?

Your dream has become a reality Calleja

The Mike said:
How are we supposed to prove one is popular without post counts?

Your dream has become a reality Calleja
MWUAHAHAHAAA!!

I can now once again post without holding back and avoid rising to an uncomfortable top!

T

The Mike

You mean you were actually holding back on your posting?

I don't want to see what happens now

I did for a while, but after Turbo got such a comfortable lead, I stopped holding back.

I began holding back for other reasons, though.

I'll look into this tomorrow, but no promises. Work is actually becoming work!

A better way to do it, if possible, would be that after you reached the last rank + X posts over it you would get to chose your own title...

Titles are active. They are basically the same as rank, but oh well. I'll be getting rid of the rank portion soon.

Nah, it's democracy in action. Power to the people.

I'm just another oppressed minority. :humph:

Well, considering I can't find instructions on how to add the Rank mod - which guarantees that I can't back it out - I think it'll stay for a while.

ZenMonkey said:
I'm just another oppressed minority. :humph:
The "oppressed" minority that had the benefit of a custom title all along :tongue:

-- less than a minute ago --

Wait, how do I erase my Rank? I can't find the option anywhere

Calleja said:
The "oppressed" minority that had the benefit of a custom title all along :tongue:
It's my medal from the great 12-Hour Spammer War. I don't believe you served.

Calleja said:
Wait, how do I erase my Rank? I can't find the option anywhere
For some reason it stopped appearing in people's User Control Panel. And I can't figure out how to get it back. I'm trying though.

Haven't had time. I've been *gasp* WORKING! :aaahhh: (I've almost forgotten what it's like.)

Edrondol said:
Haven't had time. I've been *gasp* WORKING! :aaahhh: (I've almost forgotten what it's like.)
Do what I do, post from work! :twisted: I've had customers sitting in front of me while I post! :rofl:

Shegokigo said:
Edrondol said:
Do what I do, post from work! :twisted: I've had customers sitting in front of me while I post! :rofl:
Are you British?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDxIFQLOiV0:32ulo9i8][/youtube:32ulo9i8]

Status
Not open for further replies.