November 17th can't come soon enough sighh

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

I know we all have numerous number one movies we want to own this year but for me I'm looking forward to getting Star Trek on Blu Ray this year. Sure it may have been cheesy and not have pleased most Trek purists but it was a fun romp that was a good two hours to spend. I'm hoping Abrams is willing to do another one just as good.

Any others that you guys are looking forward to owning on blu ray (dvd) this fall?

Amadeus.

Seriously, I just read that it's coming out on Blu-ray this month (or is already out?) and I would love to have that. Or downgrade to "like" because it's the Director's Cut which is not superior to the release version.

Amadeus.

Seriously, I just read that it's coming out on Blu-ray this month (or is already out?) and I would love to have that. Or downgrade to "like" because it's the Director's Cut which is not superior to the release version.
I would have thought that only George Lucas could come up with a Director's Cut that is completely inferior to the original theatrical release.

Amadeus.

I try and watch this film at least 2x a year if I can get my hands on it. It's still a favorite from the first time I watched it in High School. Blu-Ray version? I really need to get my new TV+PS3. :bush:

T

ThatNickGuy

I'll be getting a PS3 for Christmas, so I've been starting to eye Blu Rays. I do like how a number of 2 or even 3-disc movies on DVD are one on BluRay, so I can cut down some space in my DVD folders. There's some I'm honestly looking forward to owning on BluRay; some of my favourites like Pan's Labyrinth and Unbreakable. The latter will probably be my first purchase since, ironically, it was my first DVD purchase. And Pixar movies, of course. Would love to see, say, the DC cartoons put out on BluRay, like Batman, Superman and Justice League.

While I'll probably get some, I won't be furiously converting my collection like I did with VHS to DVD. There's not as much a jump in technology to warrant rebuying things.

Status
Not open for further replies.