Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Godspeed, explorer.

Tress

Tress

:(

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

That man took some might fine small steps.

Zappit

Zappit

Very sad, but it's just disgusting how the moon landing conspiracy theorists are out in force calling him a liar and a fraud. No class whatsoever. Just wish all of them would have a little face-to-face with Buzz Aldrin, who won't stand their shit.

Wahad

Wahad

Statement from the family: "Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."

I salute you, mr. Armstrong. You and everything you stood for.

FnordBear

FnordBear

Not just an American hero, but a hero for all Mankind. Rest peacefully noble soul.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Godspeed, O explorer of the sidereal frontier. May your name be remembered for as long as mankind looks up at the moon and stars with wonder.

Jay

Jay

Not just an American hero, but a hero for all Mankind. Rest peacefully noble soul.
Seconded

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

fun Fact: When he landed on the moon he said one small step for man one giant leap for mankind what he meant to say was one small step for A man one giant leap for mankind

Hylian

Hylian

Now I have the sads :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sadness is in his passing.
Even sadder is that his passing makes me feel old, as I have vague recollections of the moon landings.
Sadder even more is that few of those under the age of 30 understand completely the magnitude of his accomplishment.
Saddest of all is the likelihood that anyone on this planet will match it anytime in the near future.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Walk now with angels, heavenly explorer. You have earned your rest.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Sadness is in his passing.
Even sadder is that his passing makes me feel old, as I have vague recollections of the moon landings.
Sadder even more is that few of those under the age of 30 understand completely the magnitude of his accomplishment.
Saddest of all is the likelihood that anyone on this planet will match it anytime in the near future.

Whew made the age cutoff.

Godspeed Mr. Armstrong. You are a hero and legend. Your name and legacy will live on in the memory of mankind.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I like this: https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/239474562662793217

The full text is "Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind."

Bubble181

Bubble181

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

There's been a few of these. One reported him as the first "American woman in space" and apparently a Dutch paper said he was the first man on... Earth.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

*snip* ...apparently a Dutch paper said he was the first man on... Earth.
I thought that was Dave?

Telephius

Telephius

Dutch paper said he was the first man on... Earth.
You are not truly a man till you sit in a seat with a bunch of rocket fuel below you that is ignited into the sky towards an airless void with the objective of hitting a moving inhospitable rock. Only once you step onto that rock can you claim the crown of manhood. Or so I hear.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Relevant:

And thus it comes to pass, as was foretold...

--Patrick