Export thread

Marvel NOW

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

“It’s not hype when we say that AvX is the culmination of a lot of stories we’ve done over the last several years"

That's strange. They've said that about past events, too. So which one is the culmination?

Anyway, who wants to take bets on how long this lasts? I give a year, tops.

Bowielee

Bowielee

As long as it isn't a reboot that turns all their female characters into whores *cough*flashpoint*cough* I'm cool with it.

I'm intrigued by Bendis' idea for the X-men. It's an interesting way to bring Jean Grey back without actually resurrecting her.

Zappit

Zappit

So they do a new status quo that lasts until they go back on it, like the post-Civil War fallout.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I think Civil War had quite a bit of lasting impact. Things only really got back to status quo after The Seige. That was, what a few years of prominent ramifications.

I'm obviously excluding the bullshit that is One More Day.

Zappit

Zappit

I'm not arguing that Civil War didn't have consequences or really changed the status quo - it did. But, it felt like after those few years things simply settled back to (or close to) where they were before Civil War. I'll give Marvel credit for not throwing out all their stories and history (like some other company) and rebooting from square one, but they always kinda slink back to one established, kinda bland status quo. Osborn in charge of SHIELD/HAMMER was cool, until that came undone. There could have been years of stories from that, making the world's peacekeeping force a real, shadowy threat. Dead Cap was dead, until TIME TRAVEL instead. THAT could have had such greater impact if Marvel had the balls to go through with it and make it stick. He would have become the ultimate fallen hero in the Marvel U.

One More Day was bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, and a bit more bullshit. They even tried to force that in the daily newspaper Spider-Man strip, but Stan Lee and the readers called bullshit on it and went back. Joe Q should hang his head in shame for forcing such a moronic idea through.

Norris

Norris

Uncanny Avengers sounds crazy interesting. From the article:
Uncanny Avengers: Remender describes this as “a bridge book, something that can delve into both worlds. It has a natural purpose for existing after AvX, where we can focus on human-mutant relations. The broad strokes are: Captain America comes out of AvX and recognizes that he hasn’t done enough to help the mutants.” The book will be drawn by John Cassaday, and will include heavy-hitters like Cap, Thor, and Wolverine, but Remender is also excited to focus on some less well-known characters, like Cyclops’ little brother Havok. “Havok’s always been the black sheep rock-and-roller of the Summers family. He can’t do that anymore. You’re going to see Havok become one of the biggest players in the Marvel Universe.”

Perhaps appropriate for a team that comprises a vision for the Marvel Universe’s future, the Uncanny Avengers’ first villain will be, literally, a ghost of the past. “In 1943, Arnim Zola, who was this bio-fanatic engineer, recorded the Red Skull’s consciousness, and set it to wake up 70 years later. So the Red Skull [in Uncanny] is right out of 1943-44. Prime Nazi scumbag. In his mind, he’s taking that vitriol and hate and Nazi horror and methodology, and pointing it at the mutant species.” And Remender stresses that the mash-up philosophy of Uncanny extends beyond the team’s lineup. “I’m not just smashing the heroes together, I’m smashing the villains together. It becomes something unlike anything we’ve ever seen, with stakes that are so huge, it takes a team comprised of the best Avengers and the best X-Men to go take care of it.” (Starts in October)
A mixed Avengers/X-Men team fighting a genocidal Red Skull who is focused on destroying mutant kind. Written by Rick Remender, who has done some pretty interesting stuff so far. May as well add it to my pull list tonight. Hickman's Avengers sounds somewhat promising as well - 18 member team, bi-weekly, stories large in scope (but then again, it is Hickman and that's what he does), mix of big story arcs and one-and-dones. I'm digging his run on Ultimates so far, I'll give his Avengers a shot.

Vagabond

Vagabond

As long as Jonathan Hickman is writing something, Marvel will have my money. The things he's been doing with FF and The Ultimates are just great.

Everything else ranges from semi to straight up uninteresting. Jean grey stuff sounds awful. GotG has been great, in my shitty opinion, because it hasn't been dragged down with a ton of interaction from the mainstream Marvel universe.

Seriously though jean grey blargh.

Also, black nick fury in the main continuity continues to be stupid.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I like the X-Men stuff. The concept of the original team seeing what a mess the X-men have become opens up a whole window for commentary on, well, the mess that the X-men have become. Scott in particular should hate what he's become.

I can't wait to see Beast's reaction to being a big blue cat thing :p

Covar

Covar

I'm glad to see Axel Alonso is keeping the same view on readers' intelligence as Quesada did.

Nrama: We're in a world where an Avengers movie made $600 million, so is there a consideration given to catering to that audience?
Alonso: Catering is making the characters in your comics look exactly like the characters in the movie, and we definitely aren’t doing that. Indeed, I wouldn’t say we’re “catering,” at all. We’re just aware that the Avengers have more fans that ever, and doing our best to make the new stories accessible to anyone who decides to test-drive the comics.

Norris

Norris

Not for nothing, but I think he has a point. I don't think it would be particularly easy to jump onto Captain America or the Avengers titles for a new reader right now.

And the All-New X-Men idea might be interesting if it weren't Bendis writing it. Not that I dislike his writing in general, I just don't think he's the right man for capturing and updating characterization straight out of the 60's.

Also, black nick fury in the main continuity continues to be stupid.
I agree, but at least they gave original flavor Nick Fury a good send off (didn't read Battle Scars, but I've been told he retired due to the Infinity Formula that's been retarding his aging since the 1960's is wearing off) and did so in a way that doesn't preclude his return.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Not for nothing, but I think he has a point. I don't think it would be particularly easy to jump onto Captain America or the Avengers titles for a new reader right now.
I agree with this. If you try to go over Avengers Disassembled and the subsequent BS with the Scarlet Witch, you're going to see most new reader's eyes gloss over.

Norris

Norris

Well that's a bit...underwhelming. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. :/

Bowielee

Bowielee

Wait, so now there's more mutants than non mutants on the team?

So, it's pretty much the X-men guest starring Thor and Captain America.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Well, two of those mutants (Logan and Scarlet Witch) have been Avengers for quite awhile. Wanda, in fact, is probably more closely associated with The Avengers now, rather than with X-Men.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Guys, I miss reading comics but I don't want to pick up halfway through one of these "GIGANTIC STORY ARCS" that seem to be the only thing happening in Marvel.

Basically, should I pick up these Marvel NOW! Titles?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Well that's a bit...underwhelming. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. :/
Ditto. That is the most boring super hero group shot I have ever seen.

Covar

Covar

Guys, I miss reading comics but I don't want to pick up halfway through one of these "GIGANTIC STORY ARCS" that seem to be the only thing happening in Marvel.

Basically, should I pick up these Marvel NOW! Titles?
If The Heroic Age is any indication no.

If Brand New Day is any indication probably.

Norris

Norris

Tentatively, I would say "Yes, yes you should". New creative teams going in brand new directions on most of the relaunched books. Indestructible Hulk ad Uncanny Avengers seem particularly promising.[DOUBLEPOST=1347036357][/DOUBLEPOST]
If The Heroic Age is any indication no.

If Brand New Day is any indication probably.
The thing with Heroic Age was that they didn't really change creative teams around that much. So the big, ongoing arcs in individual titles (like the X-Books, Invincible Iron Man, Hulk, etc) just incorporated what was going on. In this case, most creative teams are being switched around and a bunch of ninety degree turns are being taken (Indestructible Hulk is a big one in that regard). So there's a better chance of actual change.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I was thinking of picking up the New X-Men, just because the concept seems kind of neat too.

I just hope it isn't a bunch of "AH DON'T WANNA TURN INTO DA PHEEEEOOOWWNIIIIWWWX!" from Jean.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Despite that boring cover, as long as the plot is good I'll check it out.

Covar

Covar

The thing with Heroic Age was that they didn't really change creative teams around that much. So the big, ongoing arcs in individual titles (like the X-Books, Invincible Iron Man, Hulk, etc) just incorporated what was going on. In this case, most creative teams are being switched around and a bunch of ninety degree turns are being taken (Indestructible Hulk is a big one in that regard). So there's a better chance of actual change.
I mention Heroic Age for the grand sweeping promise of a brighter tone in the Marvel Universe, with actual heroics and less "hero" vs. "hero" and "hero" causes the problems, only to be right back to the same "real world" infighting and "super-heroes are the actual cause of all villainy" bullshit after 3 months. Which as Marvel readers know means half a story.

Norris

Norris

Despite that boring cover, as long as the plot is good I'll check it out.
See, I was talking about the line-up. The cover was "meh", but the team was "meh"-er. However, the solicitation for issues two:
  • What are The Red Skull’s new powers? How did he become the most powerful man on Earth
  • Can Havok and Thor defeat the spreading influence of Honest John, The Living Propaganda?!
  • Rogue and Scarlet Witch trapped on the Isle of the Red Skull’s S-Men!
    Wolverine & Captain America: uncover the truth behind the worldwide mutant assassination epidemic!
Sounds like exactly the batshit insanity of awesomeness I have come to expect from a Rick Remender comic. So I'm in. Also, this:
Hulk - Indestructible force more weapon than man. Banner – smartest man alive. Combined they are the Strongest, Smartest Weapon on the planet! And NOW! the INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK is an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

Looks rather promising. As does the three piece cover of Avengers #1

That is Cannonball and Sunspot among The Avengers. That's kind of awesome.

Frank

Frank

Man, I love when Lenil Yu just gets filthy with the Hulk's art. The messier his pencils become, the more I like it.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Okay I'm not complaining here, but why is the Hulk's hair....nice? It looks like he just got back from the barber.

Covar

Covar

Banner has a crew cut probably.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

But doesn't his hair grow a bit when he transforms? I'm sure in a lot of Hulk media comics included his hair changes as well.

Norris

Norris

Okay I'm not complaining here, but why is the Hulk's hair....nice? It looks like he just got back from the barber.
Because he's being drawn that way? A more orderly hairstyle is being used as a way to visually convey the level of control Banner's going to have over The Hulk? BTW: HULK AS A SHIELD AGENT WRITTEN BY MARK WAID OH SO MUCH THE YESNESS.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I can buy that I guess. Plus he does look cool.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Hmmm, Waid on the Hulk... that could be pretty cool.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Yep.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

....I have the strongest urge for Cranberry Juice right now.

Norris

Norris

Because Red Hulk is "Thunderbolt" Ross. Get it? Yeah, I'm not interested.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Wait....why are Flash Thompson Venom on the team? Aren't the Thunderbolts there against there free will from the government? But....HE'S A DAMN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE! In-fact- SO IS RED HULK! This is just weird in my opinion.

Norris

Norris

Wait....why are Flash Thompson Venom on the team? Aren't the Thunderbolts there against there free will from the government? But....HE'S A DAMN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE! In-fact- SO IS RED HULK! This is just weird in my opinion.
From the book's editor:
Unlike the most recent Thunderbolts, this group is not working for any government program -- this is Red Hulk's team, to do with as he sees fit...
The old series and its storylines continue in Dark Avengers, which will have had that title for something like six months by the time Thunderbolts drops. Though it is going in a new direction come December.

Frank

Frank

There are few angry words I can use to describe my absolute hate on for what has become of the only Marvel comic I've enjoyed in years.

Also, why does Marvel feel the need to introduce Wolverine 2010 into every fucking team? Deadpool serls cermix!

Fuck off.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I thought this was neat.
(Spoilers from Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe)

AND

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Norris Okay....still weird though.

Norris

Norris

Norris Okay....still weird though.
Yeah, if there's a Marvel NOW book that looks the most "meh", it's that one. Though FF is something I'm still waffling on.

Announced today at Comic Book Resources:

The title and the character designs didn't really wow me. However, the interview with writer Dennis Hopeless sold me on it. The specific quotes that intrigued me:
Our first arc is the story of how Cable and his X-Force become the world's Most Wanted mutant terrorists. You know how at the beginning and end of every "Mission Impossible" movie Tom Cruise is a spy, but in the middle he's an international criminal on the run from the whole world? That's what we're doing here.

I keep pulling out dated movie references, but the Uncanny Avengers are our Tommy Lee Jones from "The Fugitive." They're heroes acting heroically the whole time. From their perspective, this X-Force is a team of super villains.

I don't want to give too much away just yet, but I think we have a unique opportunity for cool fights with this X-Force. They're in a desperate situation here. That means throwing down with anyone who gets in the way, which should be fun.

At its core, the book is about X-Force breaking the law. I have a lot of different kinds of jobs planned for the team but they're all crime stories. There's a lot of variety within that though. I mean, "Breaking Bad," "The Wire," "The Usual Suspects" and "Oceans 11" are all crime stories.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

The designs look kinda funny(especially PFFT Domino) but I could get behind that.

Norris

Norris

February solicits are out! And the Uncanny Avengers suddenly look more awesome:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The hype for Cable & X-Force makes no sense. How can they be the world's most wanted mutant terrorists when Cyclops and crew already have that because of ATTEMPTED GENOCIDE?

Norris

Norris

The hype for Cable & X-Force makes no sense. How can they be the world's most wanted mutant terrorists when Cyclops and crew already have that because of ATTEMPTED GENOCIDE?
Well, that depends: Has Cyclops escaped from jail yet? Last I saw (the final issue of Uncanny X-Men), he was still locked up. Emma Frost was last seen in custody as well. I know that Magik is free and I think Namor is as well. Colossus, one of the Phoenix Five, is a member of Cable's X-Force.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So. Amazing Spider-Man. Anyone read this? Pretty big things happening to lead into the big 700 issue, and then the new Superior Spider-Man from there. Summary below:

In ASM 698, Peter seems...not quite himself. Odd speech pattern, strange behavior in general. Doc Ock is dying, and mutters Pete's name. The Avengers bring Pete in to see Ock one last time, and he goes in alone, no cameras/people. Turns out, at some point in the last arc, Ock swapped minds. He won't reveal how, but at the end of the issue it looks like the real Peter dies in Ock's body as Ock walks out in Peter's. Most speculate it has something to do with the End of the Earth arc and the gold Octobot seen there and a few other places after. Leading into something huge apparently happening in ASM 700, and then from there the new Superior Spider-Man book.

Covar

Covar

Well, that depends: Has Cyclops escaped from jail yet? Last I saw (the final issue of Uncanny X-Men), he was still locked up. Emma Frost was last seen in custody as well. I know that Magik is free and I think Namor is as well. Colossus, one of the Phoenix Five, is a member of Cable's X-Force.
He's free in All New X-Men 1, but in prison in Uncanny Avengers (of which issue 2 appears to be late already :rolleyes:). So they fucked it up already.

Norris

Norris

He's free in All New X-Men 1, but in prison in Uncanny Avengers (of which issue 2 appears to be late already :rolleyes:). So they fucked it up already.
Hmmm....I wonder if breaking Cyke out of jail is what makes Cable's team the most wanted mutant terrorists?

Oh, and Indestructible Hulk dropped today. It was fucking amazing.

Covar

Covar

From what I've read so far:

• Red She Hulk: Trash. There is nothing redeemable about this title.
  • Uncanny Avengers: Good. Provided the book comes out on time.
  • All New X-Men: Good. Could have used a bit more action, but it's Bendis so I'm not sure why a book with nothing but a splash page surrounded by talking head surprises me
  • Iron Man: Meh. Greg Lands art makes the book a lot duller than it should.
  • Captain America: Surprise hit. Completely different direction from Brubaker's run, turns out to be what is needed to follow that 8 year run. Loads of fun.
  • Indestructible Hulk: Good. At time it panders to hard to the mythical new reader brought in by the Avengers. One line in particular indicates Waid was told to only use a character summary as character history. See also the use of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Still interesting what Banner is willing to do when it's not his father-in-law trying to use him for national defense.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I am loving All New X-Men, Thor and Uncanny Avengers.

Thunderbolts? Eh. Art wasn't that great and nothing really stood out to me.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Anyone still reading these? Kind of dropped off with everything but Thor over here. Young Avengers is fun I gueeeesss....

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The only Marvel comic I've been reading is Daredevil. Hawkeye is in my sights to buy at some point. Possibly Hulk.

Covar

Covar

Confused by the question. :confused:

Daredevil is still amazing, Hulk is good, All-New X-Men is ok, and I'm still picking up Captain America, Thor, FF, and the Two Hickman Avengers title, but I'm behind on them.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I should pick up Daredevil. I keep hearing about it.

Oh, I am totally still reading Superior Spider-Man, but am just kind of mixed on how I feel about it. Uncanny Avengers lost me after
ONSLAUGHT

Is FF good?? How about Fantastic Four?

Covar

Covar

Fantastic Four is dreck. Fraction can't write any of them well. FF has been pretty good.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I've heard the opposite about Hickman from my local comic shop guy. Then again, he's a huge fan of anything Hickman does, so take that for what you will.

Has anyone read either Scarlet Spider or Venom? I've honestly been curious about them because they're like Daredevil, in their own little corner of the Marvel U.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I've heard the opposite about Hickman from my local comic shop guy. Then again, he's a huge fan of anything Hickman does, so take that for what you will.

Has anyone read either Scarlet Spider or Venom? I've honestly been curious about them because they're like Daredevil, in their own little corner of the Marvel U.
I've heard nothing but good things about Scarlet Spider, Venom I'm not sure about. I was gonna pick up Scarlet Spider soon.

Covar

Covar

Mark Waid's Daredevil is his best work since his Fantastic Four run. Highly recommend picking up the trades (or back issues if that's your bag).[DOUBLEPOST=1368199493][/DOUBLEPOST]

I like Hickman, and is Fantastic Four run was great. Fraction however "writes" (and I use that term loosely) each character like a bad parody of themselves.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Whoops, I read that too fast. I thought you'd said Hickman. I'm still waking up here today. :p

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I read Superior Spider-man 5 yesterday and...I loved it. I was iffy on the idea at first, but this is a really great comic.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

All caught up on Superior, prepare to rage at 9.

I hear Scarlet Spider is good, might check that out. Posehn's run on Deadpool isn't bad, either.

BananaHands

BananaHands

All caught up on Superior, prepare to rage at 9.

I hear Scarlet Spider is good, might check that out. Posehn's run on Deadpool isn't bad, either.
Oh I just sat back and enjoyed all the rage from #9.

BananaHands

BananaHands

AW SHIT

fade

fade

I really hope that's not promo art. Because if it is, a billion Marvel fans just did the ND Tyson hands and walked away from their computers.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I stopped reading Spider-Man after the initial clone saga anyway.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I stopped reading Spider-Man after the initial clone saga anyway.
I started there. And ended there.

Bowielee

Bowielee

For decades, Spider-Man was my favorite comic book. I'll pick up a trade here and but that's it.

Full disclosure, this does NOT include Ultimate Spider-Man, which I loved. Haven't had a chance to read it as I pretty much stopped reading all the Ultimate line when Ultimatum reared it's ugly head.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The new Ult Spider-Man, from what I've read, is pretty good. I need to get caught up, though.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Bowielee You'd really like the new Ultimate Spider-Man, I bet. I read the first 6-issue story arc and really enjoyed Miles Morales.

Also, if you want another post-Clone Saga Spidey recommendation? Check out Peter Jenkins' run on Peter Parker Spider-Man.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I just signed up for Marvel Unlimited, so I'll see what they have on there. It's kind of like netflix for comics.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Aw, guys.... Is the new Spider-Man too SUPERIOR4U?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Aw, guys.... Is the new Spider-Man too SUPERIOR4U?
Honestly I think I'd like it more if Slott didn't seem to have a raging mancrush on Doc Ock. The guy's become practically infallible.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Honestly I think I'd like it more if Slott didn't seem to have a raging mancrush on Doc Ock. The guy's become practically infallible.
I'd have to agree with ya... Yost writes SpOck wonderfully though.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh man, I picked up Hawkeye.

I really like it.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Covar

Covar

BananaHands

BananaHands

Yeah, that book had so much potential but just draaaaaaaaagged. But I LOVE FF.[DOUBLEPOST=1376507663,1376507554][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, SpOck is a dick.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Wait, is that Ben Reilly? Because if so, ouch.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Wait, is that Ben Reilly? Because if so, ouch.
A healed Kaine and a Gwen Stacy clone.

Spidey also left him for dead. Kaine didn't like that.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

That issue was so fucking good. Anytime SpOck gets slapped around is a party. Also, the art is amazing and I want that guy to get Humberto "trunk-neck" Ramos' job.

Frank

Frank

I always referred to him as Humberto "Gargantuan Hoof Feet" Ramos from his Crimson days.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I mean, he's not a horrible waste like Liefeld, but the man has no concept of proportion or in what way a person's body can and cannot contort. But I'm willing to bet he holds a spot for the same reason Liefeld or Land does; he gets things done on deadline. The other SSM artist, who's name I can't remember off the cuff, is pretty solid, though.

Also I hate that I remember the names of hacks, but not the talented ones.

BananaHands

BananaHands

IT'S HAPPENING

THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #6
Written by CHRISTOPHER YOST
Pencils by MARCO CHECCHETTO
Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

THE SUPERIOR SIX CONTINUES!
Spider-Man has formed his own SUPERIOR super-hero team... out of the SINISTER SIX!
As Spider-Man deals with the challenges his new team poses, Lightmaster makes his move!
Can Spider-Man trust his new team, aka his greatest enemies, when a reformed Masters of Evil come calling?

BananaHands

BananaHands

SCARLET SPIDER #25
CHRIS YOST (W)
DAVID BALDEON (A)
Cover by Ryan Stegman
LAST DEVASTATING ISSUE!
It’s over. Kaine did his best to be a hero. He failed.
What about Houston?! Who lives? Who dies? Is there a place for the Scarlet Spider in this world? The answers will surprise you.
Two years and 25 issues have led to THIS! >Guest starring: MEXICO!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Fuck. Everything.

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, what, are they making him a villain again, or killing him off....again.

BananaHands

BananaHands

So, what, are they making him a villain again, or killing him off....again.
Maybe he'll take the Spider-Man mantle? Or because Marvel LOVES Wolverine we'll get a Wolverine and The Scarlet Spider title where they'll team up and Logan will call him bub.

Frank

Frank

Wait a second.....

BananaHands

BananaHands

At least SpOck is cleaning house.

Covar

Covar

Why am I supposed to give a shit and root for Doc Ock again?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Why am I supposed to give a shit and root for Doc Ock again?
Don't worry. Parker is back in 2014 according to solits for Amazing Spider-Man 700.1 - 700.5

Even though I really enjoy the Superior Spider-Man, I do miss Peter.

Cog

Cog

Because at the beginning he was a better spiderman, now he's slowly becoming insane, and that's interesting?

Covar

Covar

Same problem I had with Johns' Green Lantern at the end. If I wanted to read about a villain there are far better books I could pick up. I especially don't need it excused away.

Covar

Covar

I read the first issue of Mighty Avengers, and was surprised at how surprised I was at enjoying it. Again not sure why, Al Ewing is a great writer, and the book will be featuring both the Falcon and She-Hulk. I guess I was afraid it was going to be written like Charlie, instead it's just a solid story with strong characterizations, natural dialog, a good flow, and currently a distinct lack of both Falcon and She-Hulk :(. I'm sure they're coming, and I'm really enjoying a Bendis-free Luke Cage.

Highly recommended, and while the book is branded with Infinity, I can safely say with 100% certainty that there is absolutely no reason to feel that you need to read Infinity. The only connection is that Infinity is happening, Ewing doesn't ignore this fact, and everything you need to know is brought up in Mighty Avengers.

tegid

tegid

Don't worry. Parker is back in 2014 according to solits for Amazing Spider-Man 700.1 - 700.5

Even though I really enjoy the Superior Spider-Man, I do miss Peter.
700.1 talks about a 'celebration of the classic Spider-Man', and Superior doesn't seem to be ending. So I wouldn't be so sure that he is back...

Frank

Frank

http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff_franklin.html

This is a super fun read about a theory that Franklin Richards is responsible for why the Marvel universe is as it is.