Major League

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Major League

Tagline: A comedy with bats and balls.

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sport[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]David S. Ward[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Berenger[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlie Sheen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corbin Bernsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Margaret Whitton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Gammon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rene Russo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wesley Snipes[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dennis Haysbert[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stacy Carroll[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bob Uecker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chelcie Ross[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Vuckovich[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1989-04-06[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]107[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]When Rachel Phelps inherits the Cleveland Indians from her deceased husband, she's determined to move the team to a warmer climate -- but only a losing season will make that possible, which should be easy given the misfits she's hired. Rachel is sure her dream will come true, but she underestimates their will to succeed![/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

My husband loves this movie, so I've seen it way more times than I ever thought I would. It's funny and has some memorable lines (we've gotten a lot of mileage out of Jobu and it's sequel's "marbles"), but Bull Durham is really my go-to baseball movie. And A League of Their Own.

I've declared Major League to be the greatest baseball movie, by default. Lots of great choices and you can make great arguments for and against them. Major League tends to be a great second choice for everyone.

I think Major League is a great send-up of MLB, but I think Bull Durham cuts to the heart of baseball. Or it does for me, as someone who's played softball and baseball, albeit not professionally.

I find it strange that I've never seen Bull Durham. Especially since I live in NC, about 20 minutes from Durham where I work. Hell I've been to several Bulls games (and will be going to more this year). It's on Netflix, I'll make sure to fix this this weekend.

We should have got a live chicken

I can't start summer without watching Bull Durham at least once. If you like baseball movies, I highly recommend it.

. Especially since I live in NC, about 20 minutes from Durham where I work. Hell I've been to several Bulls games (and will be going to more this year).
This goes double for you, mister! Sheesh! That's like me never watching a Kevin Smith movie.

Last edited:
I actually saw part of this movie being filmed.

Trivia: that's not Cleveland Municipal Stadium that they're playing in during the baseball scenes. That's Milwaukee County Stadium. The scoreboard should give it away - along with the "WTMJ 4" sign underneath.

Eh, there are worse portrayals of athletes on film. I feel like he had this young Randy Johnson-ness about him. And considering how awkward his character is supposed to be over-all, it didn't make his "pitching" seem all that out of place.