MAD MEN [currently: 10/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
WHATS EVERYONE THINK!?!?!?

My favorite part: Don sharing a moment with Sally. The ending--with the song--floored me.

ElJuski

Staff member
Mad Men 9/13

Here's the AV Club's take on it--
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-fog,32831/

who brings up a good point with Dennis and Don's weird exchange the next day. Also, I totally missed the Evers thing until when I read the AVClub blurb. Betsy's dream sequence was horrifying in its uncanniness--I had the shivers with the bloody mop and the "You'll catch flies."

ElJuski

Staff member
Mad Men thread [currently: 9/20]

HEY NOW ITS THIS WEEKS EPISODE!

Sally Draper is becoming fantastically written and beautifully executed. I'm really anxious to see where her character will go as the story progresses.

Also, I couldn't believe what happened. Finally the end of that secretary, huh? I loved the guy taking the squeegee to the office window.

Also, Roger Sterling talking about shining knobs. Always talkin blowjays, that guy.

Also, I couldn't believe what happened. Finally the end of that secretary, huh? I loved the guy taking the squeegee to the office window.

That wasn't the secretary. That was the wunderkind with all the degrees being brought in to take Pryce's place.

ElJuski

Staff member

That wasn't the secretary. That was the wunderkind with all the degrees being brought in to take Pryce's place.[/QUOTE]

Silly Charlie. I meant the secretary riding the lawnmower.

ElJuski

Staff member

Meeting adjourned!

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I am happy the three of us can sit around and know we're watching one of the best shows currently on television.

ElJuski

Staff member

Didn't realize AMC had reruns Monday night, so by happenstance I managed to catch it. Great episode; I don't think it's the best of the season--I still think last week's is the top contender--but I enjoyed the forward motion this episode brought.

Oh my mister Duck! Oh me oh my

Shannow

Staff member

ahem...minutes from last meeting: "Season is going great."

okay, on to new business, latest episode:

"Still fucking great."
Okay then, I open it to the other two members of the board with thoughts to this new business...

ElJuski

Staff member

-One of my favorite moments again was Sally Draper staring into the mirror as Mommy put on makeup. Her rageahol issues--and Don and Betty's subsequent lack of parentng skills--is an awesome leaf and reminder of pots ready to boil.

-And like I told Charlie last night, it's both hilarious and horrifying at the same time that Don feels any sort of passion for his wife when they pretend to be strangers. My god did January Jones look absolutely amazing!

-I was also really happy to see more of Pete this time around; I thought the au pair's accent was kind of hokey, and I loved Pete looking like a child and asking that Trudy never leave anywhere without him. Oh Trudy, I don't know if I like you or Annie from Community more!

-Also speaking about hilarious and horrifying at the same time is Pete's naivety. The open with the Ebony gag, and then Davey and Goliath. Pete really is a spoiled little brat, isn't he, in arrested development. No wonder he's impotent--he's still just a boy, after all, ain't he?

ElJuski

Staff member
elaborate. Because I think he's completely absent from any and all parenting duties most of the time. There have been moments--like Don telling Sally that baby Gene could be absolutely anybody, nobody knows yet, or him talking to Bobby that one episode Bobby kept acting out--but for the most part, he takes off to do something else, leaving Betty with the job.

I'm also reminded of when he brought home the dog that one episode, too. A nice sentiment for the kids, for Betty to clean up after, who is a child herself who isn't exactly the best mother herself.

Shannow

Staff member
he is the bread winner. He is out working while the mother stays home to raise them. typical of the times, and he does what he can when he is home from work/boozing/banging random women/skating off to california/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.