LucasArts gets with the program, joins Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex B.

If they make X-Wing vs TIE Fighter available I might as well file for divorce now.

Armed and Dangerous
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars Starfighter
Thrillville: Off the Rails

Man, those are some reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal classic titles there.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm hoping that Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and others aren't on that list because they're going to do remakes soon, like they're doing with Secret of Monkey Island.

I also cling to the tiny hope that they'll release Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures or Yoda Stories via Steam.

C

Chibibar

figmentPez said:
I'm hoping that Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and others aren't on that list because they're going to do remakes soon, like they're doing with Secret of Monkey Island.

I also cling to the tiny hope that they'll release Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures or Yoda Stories via Steam.
I love Maniac Mansion... heck I'll even buy the the release of the original (on steam) if they have it. I use to have that game on 5.25 disc!

Chibibar said:
figmentPez said:

I love Maniac Mansion... heck I'll even buy the the release of the original (on steam) if they have it. I use to have that game on 5.25 disc!

The fan "Maniac Mansion Deluxe" release was very good if you can't wait.

C

Chazwozel

Alex B. said:
If they make X-Wing vs TIE Fighter available I might as well file for divorce now.
Oh dear God, I've been waiting for X-Wing vs TIE fighter to be remade for like 10 years now!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Chibibar

General Fuzzy McBitty said:
Chibibar said:
figmentPez said:

The fan "Maniac Mansion Deluxe" release was very good if you can't wait.
Ooooo.. I gotta wait on it. I am playing L4D now ;) (the mod stuff)

Chibibar said:
figmentPez said:

It was a good game marred by a very rigid and slow interface. It was a break through at the time but when you're used to modern adventure games, it can be really awkward to use. The old Sierra engines used in games such as Leisure Suit Larry 3 was a lot better because it didn't require a gazillion clicks to get you to do anything. The remake was a lot better that way.

Also, wait for Day of the Tentacle and you won't need to get Maniac Mansion since it's part of that game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.