Last Nostalgic Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the critic missed the entire point of the movie.

I'm not defending the movie itself as it wasn't all that good, but he's criticizing it for using cliches when the whole point WAS that the entire "movie world" is full of action movie cliches.

Bowielee said:

I'm not defending the movie itself as it wasn't all that good, but he's criticizing it for using cliches when the whole point WAS that the entire "movie world" is full of action movie cliches.
THIS

I've always been entertained by the movie. Who cares if there's a cartoon cat in the movie of the movie? In the words of a great philosopher: "Fuck you guys, it's funny."

R

rvdleun

Oh, come on... that bit with the well-trained dogs was HI-LA-RI-OUS.

Seemed like an okay movie. I even laughed at the "Achers" pun that for some reason NC took three minutes to criticize about it not making sense.

Acre: A measurement of land. A term often used by farmers.

And suddenly the joke makes a bit more sense when you've received an education.

Yeah, I actually enjoy The Last Action Hero because it was basically Arnold going "Look, I know my movies aren't the most original and they usually aren't very good... so here's a parody that we can laugh at together!" And you know what? It wasn't half bad.

ElJuski

Staff member
Last Action Hero was a delightfully trashy movie that isn't good by any means, but is still pretty entertaining. I don't even know what Nostalgia Critic said because he and the Nostalgia Chick are way boring, but it seems like he's hating on something obviously rote and stupid.

Bowielee said:

Bowie, your avatar looks like a creature I'd cook up in the lab to scare blind children. :bush:

P

Philosopher B.

That movie looks hilariously overacted. Also, I wish the Critic would stop reviewing Arnold movies. That 'I'm going to eat you' stuff is just embarrassing to watch. I did get a laugh out of the very end of the review, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.