Export thread

Kags' artist journey

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Since I said I would at least give it a try (and am already overwhelmed) here is my doodle for day 1!!

Which, this week will probably only be doodles since I'm pretty swamped...So here you are, revel in my complete laziness:

LittleSin

LittleSin

Aw!

She look like one of those chicks you see in 70's pop art!

Jay

Jay

roman-s-chair-o.gif

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You have GOT to do a Shego doodle in that style. I absolutely love it!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aw!

She look like one of those chicks you see in 70's pop art!
Ah, thank you!! :)
Added at: 13:21
You have GOT to do a Shego doodle in that style. I absolutely love it!
Aww, thanks! I'll get going on it, maybe that can be tomorrow's doodle. :)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I really like it!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That's trying? Lady, that's succeeding! Love it.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

:oops:+:) = *happy blush*

figmentPez

figmentPez

That's trying? Lady, that's succeeding! Love it.
I was about to say, that's one of the most impressive "lazy doodles" I've ever seen. Looks like a fair amount of effort went into it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That looks like something straight out of a manga book.

linglingface

linglingface

Gah too much cute! I wish I could doodle that good!!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Day 2!!!

And as requested: Shego in lolita dress. It's not as stylized as my other one, but I was trying a bit harder here. Two levels up from a doodle I would say. I apologize for it being so dark - it looks much better in person. I like doodling in pen if you can't tell. :)

And a little bit closer:

(Her poor broken leg...my bad. And to lazy to fix it....)

Jay

Jay

lUTSh.gif

Do me next!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Day 2!!!

And as requested: Shego in lolita dress. It's not as stylized as my other one, but I was trying a bit harder here. Two levels up from a doodle I would say. I apologize for it being so dark - it looks much better in person. I like doodling in pen if you can't tell. :)

And a little bit closer:

(Her poor broken leg...my bad. And to lazy to fix it....)
It's beautiful! Should totally scan it so I can add it to my wallpaper rotation! Oh and don't sweat the leg, I'm just triple jointed ;)

strawman

strawman

That broken leg is a symbol of her victory over one of her enemies, which is why she doesn't get it fixed. A battle trophy, so to speak.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aww, I would be so honored to have it be a wall paper! (When I get over to my parents' I'll scan it and let you know.)
Added at: 13:45
I'll do my best. Oh goodness, I even have an idea for you. :)

Jay

Jay

So, I won't have to use THIS to convince you?

DlAX3.jpg

Back in the cold it goes.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ohhhh, so cute! Now I must do it, so he doesn't go back into the cold.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Day 3:

I started a watercolor painting - so no doodles (yours is coming Jay, I promise!). I know it's not quite pretty yet, but it will be when I'm done.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I love water colors. Are you using a masking fluid of any kind?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I do to, watercolors speak to my soul. =^^= Nope, no masking fluid. But I may, there's those two definate white patches on the petals that have a high chance of being contaminated with color.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I've never used masking fluid. I was hoping you would give me tips but, alas, it is not to be!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Tips for using it, or brands? Let me look up some good brands and I can get back to you. As for the use, I always start dabbling on the edge of the board - the tape, and do small strokes to wear you want it. It's kind of temerpmental sometimes, so just go slow. Thats as much advice as I can give.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Day 4:

Yay color! I was going for a somewhat human representation of the Chinese dragon zodiac.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I... :Leyla:... holy crap Kags, that is awesome!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Thanks Pez!! <3

strawman

strawman

If you take requests, I'd like a sketch of my couch. Due to some recent creeping I'm trying to offload it on craigslist, and a sketch would just clinch the deal for someone, I'm sure. :awesome:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm all over it like cheese on crackers Stieny, I'll even include me doing some creeping in the sketch - since I do enjoy that couch so much. (Don't worry Jay, you still come first. :))

strawman

strawman

I'm all over it like cheese on crackers Stieny
I was wondering why I was cleaning crumbs off that thing more often than usual (and with 6 kids playing on, around, and in the couch daily, it was already often enough...)

LittleSin

LittleSin

I love the colour you threw on that and her playful posing!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Thank you so much LittleSin!! I'll have to re-upload it whenever I finish the coloring. :)

linglingface

linglingface

Holy crap you're awesome! I love your style!!

Jay

Jay

Very talented.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

(Thank you all so so much for all the love! It makes my heart smile. I appreciate it so much. =^^=)

Day 5:

My Superbowl Sunday - because I'm not a fan of the superbowl, this is what I do instead.
(Also, sorry I've got some crazy lighting going on - the paper looks yellow...:confused:)

(Sorry Jay and Stieny, I truly promise your pic's are coming! I have a down day tomorrow so I'll get Jay's all done. =^^=)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Day 6:

So, I'm not very good at drawing men...just in general, so I'm not completely happy with this - I'll give it another try later and possibly re-upload. But, here you go Jay. And yes, that is a poor maid stuck in his thought bubble.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh, fanTAStic! *applause*

Hmmm... EGL police officer? The mind boggles at the possibilities... *grins*

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh goodness! That has to happen now! :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh goodness! That has to happen now! :)

Jay

Jay

I'm... a super saiyan?

That french maid outfit is over 9000!!!!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yeah, I've kind of got a...thing for spikey hair, so when ever I draw a man it's a little over kill. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Day 7:
Sorry guys, this is all you get today (I've been hellishly busy)- a kiss from me to you!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sorry lovlies, no time to upload, but I have been drawing. I promise I have. I'll have more time tomorrow. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

(Holy goodness, I can't believe I missed this many days?? For shame, for shame.)

Day 8:
My awesomely terrible doodle of 'Creepin' on the Couch' - which I think the idea is hilarious so I'll probably re-do this along with Jay. My awesome lips bled through the paper....

Day 9:
Sleepy time...zzzz

Day 10:
More on the watercolor. Did my first wash for the petals, more to come!

Day 11:
Yay angel people! (I actually kind of a thing for wings.)

Day 12:
These are pretty true doodles for me. Day 1 was a doodle I couldn't leave alone, these are more just plain silly things.

Day 13:

I'm starting to break down Bayonetta so I can get going on it. I do this with all of my costumes, break them down piece by piece and make notes on fabric choices or what the seams are doing. (I was contemplating making a thread in the cosplay forum for all of my cosplay WIP's and pictures and such, yay or nay?

linglingface

linglingface

WIP sounds fantastic! I made an "All Things Conventions & Cosplay" thread a while back but stopped posting in it since I am kind of lazy lately...

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm pretty lazy myself. =^^= I'll try to remember to take more pictures though, thanks Heatherling! (Also, I did converse nails - thought of you!)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sorry I'm so behind.....ughhh. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up though, so here's a random bunch of sketches. When I find my actual sketchbook, I'll add a couple more.

Disproportionate leg pony!! (Also, ghost Rarity in the background..)

This didn't start out as Rarity from MLP, but totally ended there...

Just a super quick sketch of my dog Fly.

More doodles and some crazy back-end going on with the dragon...

I really liked the feathering on his fins, so you get a close up of them!

Just barely started to sketch a random fairy.

I've been working on my friends Ivy wig, so here's a progress picture. Which, I'm sewing in brighter red highlights, just because I like to make more work for myself.

The beginnings of a cosplay. Hee, yay! I love fabric shopping.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Horses are notoriously hard to draw. I'm impressed with what you did there.

Love the dragon especially though.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aww, thank you so much!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The thing about drawing horses is you have to just ride it out until you get better. Otherwise, you're saddled with poorly drawn horses.

strawman

strawman

I only understood the tail end of what you were saying, I think your puns are not stable, or perhaps you're stalled. Either way, don't quit your mane job or you'll find people here bridling at your puns.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Jesus, guys - time to call in the cavalry. These puns are trampling me down - poorly-shod puns should not be so casually released in a herd.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

This thread sure has gotten lame

strawman

strawman

It ought to be put to pasture, unless someone reins it in - then we could ride it a little longer.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

:popcorn:

strawman

strawman

Oh come on, LittleKagsin. We know you're holding out, pony up your own puns! You may have been hurt in previous pun wars, but you need to get back up on that horse each time you fall.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Neigh!
Added at: 11:34
I don't know if I'm capable of rounding you guys up.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

So....I was completley expecting more puns...so I drew this (having the perfect pun ready: "I'm ready to rear my ugly head if the puns persist!"):
Also, his poor legs are gettin' sucked into the fold..

And here's a super quick Gothic Lolita sketch for Officer_Charon!! (Sorry it's not quite done, but here you go!)

figmentPez

figmentPez

I love the way you draw hair.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

D'aww, thank you! It's probably my favorite thing to draw aside from eyes. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'd partner up with her, ifyouknowwhatimean

Jay

Jay

Draw me like one of those french girls.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Heh, I want to request you try drawing Dill, but I feel like I ask that of everyone on here. :D

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'll give it a shot Nick!! :) You know, when I've stopped being lazy...

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Let it begin. Let it begin! LET IT BEGIN!! :D

figmentPez

figmentPez

I know February is almost over, but I do have an idea for you. One you've probably already thought of: Help CarlaDawn with concept art for a Wildberry Princess costume.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

So, Feb. is almost over and I'm not even close to being done with the request list and re-draws that I planned on doing (plus the scanning for Shego)! Eep!

Do you all think I should keep an art thread going? Would you guys be interested in seeing what I come up with, yay or nay?

I need to be doing much better - I feel bad, like I haven't put my best foot forward in showing you guys what I can really do. I'm hoping to show what talent I may have a bit better.

(I'm considering it Pez. I don't know the character very well, have never watched the show. But I may give it a shot. =^^=)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Do you all think I should keep an art thread going? Would you guys be interested in seeing what I come up with, yay or nay?
Yea!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sorry I've been MIA in here....but I knew that would happen. Ha!

A quick contour line drawing. Nothing super special, but I'm completely enjoying doing them. I forgot how much I adore contour line drawings.

Another super quick contour line, but I painted this one. I'm hoping to do a lot more of these!!

More random doodles....I draw eyes a lot. Thats my go to drawing. I should totally do a compalation of eyes, which I always draw the right eye....

A fun character sketch from my book. This is the character I draw most often, which is funny since she's a side character. (Also, you can see the left-handed curse all over this picture - smears!!)

strawman

strawman

Wait, first no chocolate, and now you're a lefty? It's like I don't even know you!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

The horror!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I always think drawing kissing looks awkward. I still do.

(Sorry the colors are so messed up....I need me a scanner.)

Jay

Jay

That' so nicely done! Good job!

I really like your hair in this picture.... and you kinda got mine almost right as well.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Haha, you are hilarious. :D And a little bit special.

But thank you.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Go on... finish drawing where his hand is headed.. :popcorn:

strawman

strawman

Go on... finish drawing where his hand is headed.. :popcorn:
He's holding a soft drink that's slowly spilling out because he's so entranced by the girl.

Why, what did you think he was doing?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You all probably thought you were rid of me, but HA! Never!

Just a couple more doodles for you (meanwhile I am working on my 'contest' picture..)

Decided to shade this with pen, I love drawing with pen.

Because I don't draw hair unless it's doing something..crazy.

Another watercolor I've been working on. I've never done bricks before, so I quite like how this has been coming along.

Anyway, thanks guys! =^^=

Jay

Jay

tumblr_m1zd5uyVj71qmayex.gif

Jay

Jay

hugz.JPG

lnRvU.gif

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh snap! Sneaking in under the wire to kick off the 'Draw a Day' for this year. Anyway....most of these drawings will probably be sketches/studies of the human form. Nothing super fancy.

Today's subject: Lips

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I did sketch yesterday, just didn't have time to upload.

Day 2: noses (I didn't get a chance to really finish...but I did sketch something at least!)

Day 3: Ariel sketch. I'm kind of interested in learning to replicate Glen Keane's style, so I've started working on disney sketches.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

So...I'm in a bind, I don't have access to a computer (I'm on my phone) so I won't be able to upload my sketches. I'll mass upload when I get my laptop back.

Today I did a sketch of Black Cat. I'm really taken with the idea if cosplaying her soon, so a sketch was in order. Yeah. Sorry about this...I just gah! Computers. :(

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I bet you guys thought I had dropped out, didn't you? Didn't you?? Well guess what!!! I have been drawing every day, just not uploading everyday. (I think that's my biggest hang up with doing this Draw a Day thing - I can draw fine, but the thought of uploading just turns me off from doing it.) But anyway, I think I'll mass spam/do a huge upload today. Weeeee!!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Here's my sketchy sketch update! Yay!

Day 4:

Day 5: Yeah, I got super far on this one...ha.

Day 6:

Day 7:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Day 11, 12:

Day 13:

Day 14, 15, 16: This took me much longer then I meant it to...

Side by side comparison:

Day 16, 17: My Fluttershy design - I think I've shown a drawing like this before, but I wanted to re-draw it for my friend to see, with color.

Day 18: Been playing around with the col-erase pencils that Nate got me.

[DOUBLEPOST=1361479347][/DOUBLEPOST]And I mis-numbered them and am seriously to lazy to go back and change it. I'll get on that later. I just want to go eat food first. I'm hungry...so hungry.

Anyway...

Gusto

Gusto

I love those ducks and the gate/wall. :) Very impressive!

MOAR GLEN KEANE!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Thanks Gusto! I can really draw when I set my mind to it.

Hnnn, yes MOAR GLEN KEANE! I really need to get back on that. :)

Gusto

Gusto

GLENNNNN

I gotta watch Little Mermaid again. Dat animation.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

New obsession: Syfy's Alice in Wonderland. I just....hnnn, that hatter. Sadly, my attempts to fanart from that show haven't gone well...BUT, I tried again to day and I'm pretty satisfied with how it's coming along. (I don't think I've captured Alice quite right, but, I still like it!)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Loving so much of this, especially day 9's dragon, and day 11 & 12's cowboy.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aw, thank you Pezzleton!! =^^=

As awful as I am this year, I'm doing better than last year! Heh!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

So, restarting this again.

My dream of being an artist/going to art school goes back YEARS. And somehow it's snuck up on me. Nate graduates in a few months and I need to get my ass in gear, broaden my portfolio so I can finally, FINALLY, go to school! I'm really excited. I've set aside a few hours every Thursday for me to paint and draw. To keep me motivated, I'm going to try and upload the things that I do on my Thursdays. :heart:

Last Thursday:

(I was having a bad day so FOXES! :D This is the painting that I sold, if anyone was wondering. =^^=)

Yesterday:

Rawr! Tiger eye! I'm missing my cos-sister and her favorite animal is tigers, so that's what I went with. I'll hopefully, maybe, possibly, finish the second eye at some time...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yesterday:

Rawr! Tiger eye! I'm missing my cos-sister and her favorite animal is tigers, so that's what I went with. I'll hopefully, maybe, possibly, finish the second eye at some time...

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Poetry?? :heart: :D

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Sure, I wrote that... >.> :ninja:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sure, I wrote that... >.> :ninja:
Haha, I know it's William Blake. =^^= I just thought it was a nice fit and it made me happy.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Haha, I know it's William Blake. =^^= I just thought it was a nice fit and it made me happy.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I love Susan Sarandon. :heart:

PatrThom

PatrThom

I love Susan Sarandon. :heart:
Next you'll be saying you like Madeline Kahn, too.

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Next you'll be saying you like Madeline Kahn, too.

--Patrick
I named my cat after her role in Blazing Saddles.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Braved my symmetry phobia and gave Tiger his second eye. Yay!

It's not perfect, I see plenty of flaws, but I'm actually really pleased with this. :heart: I feel like I'm learning so much already. =^^=

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sorry I didn't upload on Thursday. I really just wasn't feeling it. I sketched, but didn't paint.
But I bucked up yesterday and got to painting! It's not my best work, but it's a lot of fun. Weeeee Harry Potter!