Export thread

I'm tired of (seemingly) being the only MFer here that can't draw.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So I got this "how to draw 101 animals" book to start practicing with. It's not so much a 'this is how to draw' as it is a 'here's some simple line art for you to copy'...but it's a start.
1614376504394.png
1614376563543.png

1614376594057.png

1614376620485.png

Celt Z

Celt Z

Looks like you're doing fine!

PatrThom

PatrThom

One wonders what the hammerhead finds so interesting.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

One wonders what the hammerhead finds so interesting.

--Patrick
The line art in the book had a frowny face, but I didn't like that, so I gave him a happy face with eyebrows.
Post automatically merged:

Looks like you're doing fine!
thanks! :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

The line art in the book had a frowny face
Probably because that's what their mouth looks like in real life.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Probably because that's what their mouth looks like in real life.

--Patrick
yes, I know :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

To be very clear : I draw far worse than any of those.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I draw far worse than any of those.
I draw far better than that AND far worse than that, and it's very inconsistent and this is annoying.
Like, I'll just pound out a quick something and people will remark, "Hey, that's really good!" but then I'll sit down and really try to do something special and 2hrs later I'll have that stereotypical wastepaper basket overflowing with crumpled balls of paper while I pound my head on the table.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

To be very clear : I draw far worse than any of those.
I'm working from a reference. You should see the steaming piles of shit I put out on Jackbox nights when it's a drawing game.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Jackbox is NOT a good example for drawing skills. Most of the set-ups nerf any and all attempts at decent drawing.

drifter

drifter

Yeah, drawing with a mouse is a pain in the ass. I only ever knew one person who could use a mouse well that way.
Post automatically merged:

BTW I like yer drurrings

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Jackbox is NOT a good example for drawing skills. Most of the set-ups nerf any and all attempts at decent drawing.
Heh. I've seen your jackbox art. You ain't foolin me ;)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Keepin at it

1614477295806.png

1614477319210.png

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm not Kurtzing this, I promise.

All of my drawing stuff is packed in a box, because my house sale is supposed to be going to closing on Wednesday.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

It's still in the box. I've moved to Texas. I might get back to it eventually... Or maybe I'll Kurtz it. Siiiigh

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's still in the box. I've moved to Texas. I might get back to it eventually... Or maybe I'll Kurtz it. Siiiigh
So the next post is going t obe about the offspring of those two cuties, 20 years down the line, in a desperate attempt to make them relevant again?

Terrik

Terrik

You've seen me on jackbox nights. I cant draw either. It's all good.

General Specific

General Specific

My friends and I play jackbox quite frequently. I was happy when I got a tablet to use instead of my phone, but then found that giving me a bigger screen doesn't make me draw any better, it just magnifies my fuckups.

grub

grub

I can't draw worth a damn. But give me an instrument and I do ok.

drifter

drifter

My friends and I play jackbox quite frequently. I was happy when I got a tablet to use instead of my phone, but then found that giving me a bigger screen doesn't make me draw any better, it just magnifies my fuckups.
Drawing with a tablet is its own skill set, to be fair.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Drawing with a tablet is its own skill set, to be fair.
I'm a left handed writer, but a right handed mouse user.
Tablets always confuse my brain. Wait, this is a pointer! Right hand!
No! You're drawing! Left hand!
And then my body goes "instructions unclear, stylus lodged up ass" and that's what it comes out looking like if I try to draw with them.