How to turn a broken tire into $40 worth of comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

So I get ready and head off to work this morning, when one of the front tires of my car blows out. To the point I can't just refill it with air or a quick patch job, I need an entire new tire.

Now normally I get up early enough to warrant myself plenty of time to go to work, so I figured maybe I could get a quick tire change at a Firestone tire center near my house. I manage to get there without dying in a firey (KILL IT WITH FIRE!) ball of death. New tire and labor $80, UGH. So I wait while they do that. Now it's getting close to when I have to start my shift so I call ahead and say I might be late. Well I'd get marked half off (half an "occurence") for being less than 1 hour late and a full "occurence" for more than 1 hour late, or 1 full one for missing an entire day. As time went on I knew I'd never make it on time, and I had some PTO banked, figured I might as well just take the day.

Tire gets fixed and I have the day to myself, so I hit up the local comic store and stock up on the latest Green Lanterns

Probably some of the best books I've read in a while,
fucking Spectre is a Black Lantern? oh shitbiscuits indeed!

So missing a day of work (paid either way) turned from a gloomy day into a decent one as I enjoyed a rainy day reading some of the best writing and art I've seen in a while.

How was your Thursday?

T

Twitch

I reenacted the holocaust scene from Freedom Writers but only if the kids aren't from a rough neighborhood and are just incapable of thought. And all white.

T

ThatNickGuy

My name is ThatNickGuy and I approve of this post...and these comics. :D

P

Philosopher B.

Spent my Thursday in classes ... coming up with theoretical movies in which Christian Bale goes on a spiritual journey, aided by a bearded wildman played by Christopher Walker, and traipsing around my university's campus recording puddle splashes and squeaky floors.

R

Rubicon

Why aren't there sheets on your bed? That's all that I can think of. :confused:
who can afford sheets lol

ive got more important matters to spend money on, namely comics ;)

nah i just never make the bed, i end up tossing and turning in my sleep and they just slip off the bed over the course of the night

Spent my Thursday in classes ... coming up with theoretical movies in which Christian Bale goes on a spiritual journey, aided by a bearded wildman played by Christopher Walker, and traipsing around my university's campus recording puddle splashes and squeaky floors.
One question. Who's Christopher Walker? :bush:

P

Philosopher B.

Christopher Walken and George Herbert Walker Bush's love child?

K

Kitty Sinatra

I spent the afternoon at a restaurant reading and eating, then headed to yet another day at work where nothing notable occurred.

One more day ticked off the calendar.

D

Dusty668

Woke up, got out of bed-Dragged a comb across my head, wondered why I couldn't stop thinking about some dang Beatles song.

I spent my Thursday walking around airport terminals and sitting for hours on end in airplanes with seats that are incredibly painful on the tailbone. I'm sore, tired, I probably smell bad, and I can't decide whether I want to go straight to sleep or take a long shower first.

$80 for a tire and labor? The last time I had to put two tires on our Fusion, it cost around $230, and that for the lowest priced tire that Discount Tire had. Now, granted, I do get the Road Hazard Warranty, which costs something like $13 extra per tire, but that's because I've never had them refuse to replace a tire covered by that yet.

Grats on the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.