Export thread

HF Super Smash Brothers Battle Arena (please answer availability poll)

Dei

Dei

I am planning an HF Smash night next weekend! Please pick the dates/times that work best for you so I can plan accordingly. You can pick as many options as apply.

Currently, we are planning on having both normal matches and matches where we all fight with personalized Mii Fighters. So make sure your preferred character is unlocked by then!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'll have to actually make a Mii Fighter.

And then actually get a regular character I can be any kind of decent with.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Looks like Saturday?

Dei

Dei

Yep.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I hope Nintendo's servers can handle four whole people for a change! :awesome:

Dei

Dei

I was kind of hoping that more people would give input, but even posting it on two places, it didn't happen.

Terrik

Terrik

Meh, I'm around either way

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

I'll be around. It will not be pretty.

Dei

Dei

I am thinking Saturday at 9pm EST, since most of the later times seem to be fine, and later means I might actually remember to eat dinner beforehand. :p

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I was kind of hoping that more people would give input, but even posting it on two places, it didn't happen.
That was a dig at Nintendo online, not our turnout.

Dei

Dei

That was a dig at Nintendo online, not our turnout.
I know what you meant, I was just referring to why I didn't post a set time sooner.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

PSA for people who probably already know: Connect to a 5 gHz signal and go to the Switch Internet Settings to increase MHU from 1400 to 1500. I was lagging, getting kicked, and then put on Nintendo probation these past few days, but I did that stuff and tonight the game ran smooth.

PatrThom

PatrThom

increase MHU from 1400 to 1500.
I think you mean MTU?
MTU should be set to 1500 by default on just about every "standard" networking device out there. There are some cases where it is recommended to reduce it to 1492, but if you can run 1500, you should. If the Switch really is starting out of the box at 1400, that's...a really weird choice.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think you mean MTU?
MTU should be set to 1500 by default on just about every "standard" networking device out there. There are some cases where it is recommended to reduce it to 1492, but if you can run 1500, you should. If the Switch really is starting out of the box at 1400, that's...a really weird choice.

--Patrick
Monster Hunter Ultimate strikes again! Yes, MTU.

And Nintendo makes a lot of weird choices when it comes to online. I hate how they go on and on about all the things you can do to improve their service, things I've never had to do with either Playstation 3 or 4.

Dei

Dei

If you are planning to play tonight, please make sure you have me friended so that I can set the battle arena to friends only.

image-20181227_104815~2.jpg

Dei

Dei

Sooooooooooooooooooo....

Terrik

Terrik

Uhhhhhhhhhh

PatrThom

PatrThom

Nooooooo.

—Patrick