[Question] Hey, 4chan folks! Question!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Our university (Bellevue University has been getting a bunch of prank calls lately and they are from all over. Some of them are spoofing internal phone numbers but most are from untraceable numbers (VOIP kind of things). These are largely benign and I think some of them are funny as hell, but I'm wondering what the start of this was. Seems like this is a real 4chan (/b/) kind of thing to do. I'm NOT going to do anything about it or try and get them to stop (if it's them), I'm just trying to get information to tell my IT group to chill the hell out & wait for it to blow over.

If it is /b/ then it'll last for a few days and then go away...unless someone tries to stop it, in which case it will explode. Which is also why I'm asking here instead of 4chan or reddit. ;) I trust you guys not to throw us under the bus.

Of course, if anyone wants to prank me it'll do nothing more than make my day that much more fun!

(Posted anonymously, even though you all know who I am anyway. Just in case, you know?)