Guilded Age - I love finding new comics with potential!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

So, I recently decided to a foolhardy thing, and click on an ad to a keenspot comic. Usually, this ends me wishing I could travel into the past and undo the horrible mistake I made.

This time, however, the ad I clicked on was for Guilded Age. The comic's in its infancy, (It started this last September, so it only has 13 pages up so far) but it looks like it has the potential to

Though it occasionally gets a bit too wordy, the writing is pretty dang clever, playing on fantasy tropes in ways that, while not entirely fresh, at least take a bizarre enough angle on them to keep things interesting.

Right now all the comic's done is show a short (and amusing) battle, then flash back in time to give us short (and amusing) introductions to the characters.

So I can't really say whether the story's going to go anywhere worthwhile, but I think this is a comic well worth keeping my eye on.

Though, I do have to complain that, when I first started delving through the short archive, the server was acting much like giantitp.com's was when Erfworld was updating there.

What do you guys think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.