Gake no ue no Ponyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han-Sagan

Staff member
Anyone seen this yet?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soHf8jnmQNs:h3fjt3oh][/youtube:h3fjt3oh]

I've seen a Japanese version without subtitles, and it looks absolutely beautiful....much like My Neighbour Totoro. Very much looking forward to it on the big screen.

The theme songs really catchy too :)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trm4roeuZ54:h3fjt3oh][/youtube:h3fjt3oh]

C

chakz

Stumbled on to this through IMDB. I'm really looking forward to it. Makes me wish I new japenese.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Yeah, I've been following this for a while. I love Miyazaki so I'm pretty excited about this.

I just watched My Neighbour Totoro for the first time last week or so and loved it. Consider me intrigued.

This was in theaters in Spain some months ago. My girlfriend went to see it and she tells me it's pretty good.

When are you getting it there in the US? I'm curious about the delay.

tegid said:
This was in theaters in Spain some months ago. My girlfriend went to see it and she tells me it's pretty good.

When are you getting it there in the US? I'm curious about the delay.
Was it subtitled? Cause I think most of the delay is because DIsney likes to release fully dubbed Miyazaki movies and Studio Ghibli has to watch them like a hawk after the shit they pulled with Nausica.

Gf saw it with subtitles, but I was pretty sure they had it dubbed in other cinemas. I wonder now.

W

wana10

Dubyamn said:
Was it subtitled? Cause I think most of the delay is because DIsney likes to release fully dubbed Miyazaki movies and Studio Ghibli has to watch them like a hawk after the poop they pulled with Nausica.
disney wasn't responsible for 'warriors of the wind' and the whole "no cuts" policy actually came around when miramax was debating cutting and re-editing parts of mononoke to make more of a love story between ashitaka and san.

on topic, i've seen ponyo in japanese and really liked it but i can't wait to see it when its released because i know i missed things with my crappy understanding of the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.