DM Talk (Players Welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty Sinatra

Edrondol said:
So you'll have a whole different set of stats for "skill challenge combat"?
Wait. Are we supposed to be taking Allen seriously here? I'm laughing at his awesome joke.

Gruebeard said:
Edrondol said:
So you'll have a whole different set of stats for "skill challenge combat"?
Wait. Are we supposed to be taking Allen seriously here? I'm laughing at his awesome joke.
He's put a lot of work into this for it to be a joke. At first I thought he was kidding and then he made those two posts to show he's given this a lot of thought.

It's a joke. 4e combat is so abstract, I decided I could arbitrarily re-fluff combat to become debate. Actually makes healing surges and second winds become a bit more believable. And because I can't think of some things that have good parallels, I'm keeping them in. Like armor.

"Why couldn't you argue with him?!"
"He was wearing platemail and had a heavy shield! I was intimidated."

And then thinking of kick-down-the-door style gameplay. Enter the room, see a beholder, the party has surprise. All the melee fighters charge forward, yelling out debate points. Meanwhile, the casters stand back and yell things at the beholder from a distance.

Oh, and I decided to change intelligence. Having a well-thought out argument kind of bumps up against Strength's "having a strong argument". So intelligence becomes "knowledge of your debate opponent." What this means for the abuse is they try to find the target's buttons and push them.

Also, for Flaming Sphere's damage at the start of the turn: when an adjacent creature first has the floor, the sphere says "gaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaay." dealing 1d4+int modifier damage

edit: Oh, and all the thought is me being bored, hitting the reply button, and making stuff up as I go along.

ps:

Status
Not open for further replies.