Export thread

Denise "Blueberry Girl" Nickerson, 62

PatrThom

PatrThom

Denise Nickerson, best known for playing Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, has died due to complications from a stroke she had last year.
Sure, she also appeared in some other things (I remember her from The Electric Company* ), but most people remember her for swelling up and turning blue ("Violet, you're turning... violet!") and spawning an entire genre of inflation fetishism based on a single three-minute scene from a film that came out almost fiiiiifty yeeeeears ago.

--Patrick
*Yes, that really is Morgan Freeman introducing them at the start.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Denise Nickerson, best known for playing Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, has died due to complications from a stroke she had last year.
Sure, she also appeared in some other things (I remember her from The Electric Company* ), but most people remember her for swelling up and turning blue ("Violet, you're turning... violet!") and spawning an entire genre of inflation fetishism based on a single three-minute scene from a film that came out almost fiiiiifty yeeeeears ago.

--Patrick
*Yes, that really is Morgan Freeman introducing them at the start.
I didn't realize she was in The Electric Company until years later, even though I watched it all the time as a kid.

But Morgan Freeman was Easy Reader to me long before he was MORGAN FREEMAN.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I remember thinking they looked similar, but that was before I realized that people could be in more than one thing. I still haven't seen any Dark Shadows to know her from there, though.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I remember thinking they looked similar, but that was before I realized that people could be in more than one thing. I still haven't seen any Dark Shadows to know her from there, though.

--Patrick
I knew she was in that, but never really watched the series. The main thing I know about Dark Shadows was David Selby played Quentin Collins, the werewolf. He's from here.