Deadpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
I've never read much Deadpool before. I'm reading his eponymous title now, and I have to say, it's not bad. In fact, the whole
failed hero
thing is actually really depressing. I'm at about issue 14 now, and despite the corny, often poorly written jokes, I really started to feel for the character. When DP realizes that
Blind Al and Weasel have been seeing each other in his apartment
and he gets genuinely upset after having been
manipulated by Typhoid Mary and T-Ray
--pretty good.

Shannow

Staff member
It is fun, but he is getting over exposed right now. It will strart to drag soon, and fall off, unfortunately. just the way marvel does these things when a character gets hot.

fade

Staff member
Is there a new series? I'm actually reading the Deadpool series from 1997 onward. #14 is from 1998.

There's a whole new deal going on with him now that really took off with the end of the Skrull thing and Norman Osborn taking over SHIELD.

Also the Cable and Deadpool run is pretty good.

Shannow

Staff member
Cable deadpool was amazing.

There are 3 or 4 current running books with him right now, and another about to hit as well.

fade

Staff member
Oh wow, I just finished the whole Mithras storyline. This is really friggin' good. I mean, this is one of the best plot lines I've seen in a comic in a long, long time. I love Deadpool's complete confusion about his place in the world. He was the perfect character to put in the position to make that decision. The side plots with LL&L are pretty good. This would actually make a very good movie if directed well.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh wow, I just finished the whole Mithras storyline. This is really friggin' good. I mean, this is one of the best plot lines I've seen in a comic in a long, long time. I love Deadpool's complete confusion about his place in the world. He was the perfect character to put in the position to make that decision. The side plots with LL&L are pretty good. This would actually make a very good movie if directed well.
I have the comic you were talking about earlier in the thread... great issue.
"Daddy's home children, and he's very disappointed!"

Yes, it's great stuff. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.