[MMO] Dead Lingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Halloween night this Zombie MMO (up to 16 players) goes Alpha. I've been keeping tabs on the game and they have been progressing nicely. It obviously needs work and the Alpha won't be pretty but I'm just salivating for a good zombie game that I can play coop.

http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

Azurephoenix

L4D is linear and timed. It's a good game but I liked the sandbox concept of any game rather than the FF tubevision to get from point A to point B.

The game plans to give you options to build your own safehouse and to manipulate the world around you. I'm interested in that.

L4D1&2 were great but they're played out, not to mention very limiting. I'm looking forward to a new game that's open and solid. The problem with most zombie games is they're pretty f'in terrible.

That much I agree on.

Which is sad, since the potential is unreal. I ranted on this subject for the longest time.

I had such high hopes for Dead Island. I played alot of the Co-Op with my sister but just couldn't really get into it. Mostly because melee weapons broke too quickly and guns were utterly useless.

Wood should have broken with 2-3 hits, thicker chunks maybe 5-6, metal should have lasted alot longer, swords should have lasted longer than that but all of it should have had a deterioration. I thought the repair shop was stupid.
Instead of weapons with stats just let us grab whatever's around us to defend with.
My 2x4 broke? Grab the metal pipe on the ground and shove through the eye of the zombie!
Being surrounded by zombies should have never been solved by pressing a -RAGE- button, it should have been a -FLIGHT TO SURVIVE- only situation.
Guns should have been 1 head-shot 1 kill with limited ammo around the world.

I had such high hopes for that game as I said.

Day-Z is the closest I'd like to see a game, yet I don't like the Arma 2 engine at all and TBH, I don't want DM with a side order of zombies.

Disagree all you want, but my anti-virus does not want me going to that site. It may be some banner ads they have or something that may have malicious code.

Day-Z is the closest I'd like to see a game, yet I don't like the Arma 2 engine at all and TBH, I don't want DM with a side order of zombies.
I wasn't about to buy Arma 2 and all the xpacs you really needed to get it running the best you needed to get Day-Z at it's full capacity. Another issue was the horribly glitchy zombies. Otherwise it could have been interesting.

Well, I checked out some of the dev's videos and such. Honestly, there's really so very little to go by that I can't be impressed at all yet. What exactly are they offering? Because the map they show just looks like a very underdeveloped SimCity town with one water tower.

And now, having read some of the info, I sort of see where they're going with it. I like the ideas behind it, but it still all sounds like a lot of hyperbole.

Yeah, it's far too early to really tell if the final product will be any good and I haven't bought the game. However, I've been keeping tabs and basically things are moving along.

It is indie and they are building the game from scratch.

Which, that alone, is impressive. I'm not going to rail on it at all, believe me. I love some of the ideas behind it (even having a hunger option). It's the sort of zombie game I've been wanting for awhile.

Keep us updated on it, will you, Jay? There's a good lad.

On Halloween night this Zombie MMO (up to 16 players) goes Alpha. I've been keeping tabs on the game and they have been progressing nicely. It obviously needs work and the Alpha won't be pretty but I'm just salivating for a good zombie game that I can play coop.

http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

Azurephoenix

I'll keep an eye on this Jay. Do I need to back it to get access to the alpha? Sounds like a cool concept... we will see where they go with it. I would definitely be up for some games.

Preordering just gives you one gas mask item.

TBH, I'm waiting myself to see how things go in the next few months.

I like how you can stack furniture on doors. I'd also like screenshots that aren't so damned bright, unsure if it's the game or simply the person taking these screenshots.

Either way, I'd like to see gameplay footage in the days to come.

Another Dev-log.

Very informative.

I won't pre-order but I'm keeping tabs on how it develops in the months to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.