[News] Cool Runnings 2 at the 2014 Winter Olympics

figmentPez

Staff member
Cool Runnings 2 is happening right now, in real life:
Jamaican bobsled team can’t practice because of missing luggage
They made it to Russia for the games, but their luggage got lost by the airline. Not only that, but their funding for the trip was raised in part from an internet campaign accepting donations in Dogecoin.

Let me repeat that, the Jamacian bobsled team was funded by an internet meme and then their luggage got lost on the way to compete. If they manage to qualify to compete, or even if anything else memorable happens to these guys, I have no doubts that a movie will be made. Someone call scriptwriters and book Doug E. Doug.

Blame it on the movie, but I really hope they qualify, even if they don't win. And like Doug E. Doug has anything better to do! :p

If you've seen the movie, you understand the reason why it's actually a logical fit. Fast runners + a similar sport at home = Jamaican Bobsleighs.

Most of the momentum from a bobsled comes from the initial run-up of the sled at the top of the mountain. The rest of it comes from driving skill and braking - though, obviously, sled design is the difference between a gold and also-ran.

It's funny, but I'd almost think that China would see bobsleigh as a great introduction to the winter games. They've got technology, a decent athletic pool, and they've hosted the Asian Winter Games before.