CBS Mondays

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tonight is the season premieres of Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. I'm excited, anyone else excited?

I look forward to watching both of them. Tuesday. Thank God for the DVR, Now I can watch Monday Night Football and catch regular tv later.

The rest of CBS monday isn't anything to write home about, however. I haven't decided if I'll watch them, or DVR and be a slave to Monday Night Football.

Big Bang Theory really worth the watch? As in should I try and rent the first season when it hits DVD or is it just passable enough to watch on TV since there's nothingelse on?

I like it a great deal, and I hate standard sitcoms. Maybe 1/3 of the nerdy jokes are a little bit forced, but I still really like the rest of the show. The performances in the second season really step up a notch, especially Jim Parsons/Sheldon.

despite how the previews made it look when it first came on the air, Big Bang Theory is not a show that mocks geeks. It is just a sitcom about geeks (admittedly exaggerated).

Sheldon: "I feel like an inverse tangent function approaching an asymptote"
Nerd 2 (forgot his name): "So you're stuck?"
Sheldon: "What part of inverse tangent function approaching an asymptote did you not understand?"

House and Heroes are two shows I'd never be able to watch on TV, I always HAVE to see a few episodes at a time or I just get antsy about what's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.