Bone - Da Whole Damn Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappit

Staff member
I just dropped 40 bucks on the complete edition Bone by Jeff Smith. 1300+ pages, and so far, I'm loving it. Smith's style was what first attracted me to his work - I'm a sucker for fantastic b+w linework, but man, he can tell a pretty entertaining story, too.

Only 120 pages in, but I'm already recommending this one.

I always liked Bone but never was able to get every set. I was investing in the individual volumes so I could get it in color. I think I only managed to get up to the 2nd or 3rd volume.

Read all nine volumes! I was first introduced to Bone in Disney Adventures when I was in middle school and completely forgot the name when I was trying to look the series up again. THANKS TO CAJUNGIRL and her Bone avatar, I was reunited with the series.

<3 <3 <3

Cajungal

Staff member
You're welcome. ^_^ Of course now I'm sporting Bumble's fantastic art.

I liked it up until the end. That felt a little rushed for me. Still loved it all in all, but I guess after such a huge journey the ending will always feel disappointing.

North_Ranger

Staff member
The world seems intent on making me bankrupt... First League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century, and now this...

Cajungal

Staff member
I bought this huge volume about 2 years ago. I've lost count of how many times I've read it. Fone Bone is a great hero... scared and confused but fueled forward by love and empathy. ^_^ AWWW. I feel for him every time he tries to defend Moby Dick.

If I'm still goin to cons when I'm old, I'm totally cosplaying as grandma ben.

T

ThatNickGuy

FanTAStic series. I've been buying the volumes where Smith supervised colouring of them and love it. I need to catch up and buy the rest of them, some day.

figmentPez

Staff member
One of these days I need to read all the Bone comics. I remember reading it in Disney Adventures magazine, but I'm sure I never saw all the issues that way.

It's a shame that Telltale Games isn't doing more of the Bone series. They've improved so much in their skills since then, another Bone title would probably be amazing, instead of simply enjoyable.

C

chakz

I should like to know why had not already read it? Why would you do that to yourself? Are you some kind of masochist?

I only got to know Bone through Cajun as well...It's €30 here, and I do fully intend to buy it once I get to a shop where they actually sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.