[Movies] Beetlejuice.... Beetlejuice.... BEETLEJUICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was ok with tron legacy. I'll weigh in on BJ2 when it comes out, but until then there's no way I could say one way or the other.

Honestly I thought the ideas and concepts of the world and character were interesting enough that, done well, it would be great to have another story out of it.

Considering I was a big fan of both Beetlejuice the movie and Beetlejuice the cartoon, I know that this could be done with some level of epicness. However with Hollywood's iffy track record, I remain dubious. On the subject of Tron? I will say that Legacy was the perfect sequel to a perfect film, even if it was done so many years later and the techno-babble was more nonsence than anythingelse.

Tron Legacy was actually a pretty interesting science fiction story being told as an action movie, and I thought it worked. The chemistry between the characters didn't seem forced at all, which was interesting given the fairly short running time. Also, C.L.U. actually made for a somewhat compelling villain because he was the dark reflection of Kevin Flynn's immature ideas, and because he was truly convinced that what he was doing was RIGHT. I couldn't care less about the techno-babble - the characters and plot carried it along just fine.

As for Beetlejuice? If the people working on it really try and make it a good project and don't go for just a cash-in, or get badly screwed by the studio, it could be good.

Might be interesting, loved both the movie and the cartoon when I was a kid. Calling Johnny Depp as who they'll cast for the ghost with the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.