Any Coral Painter 8 tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

I'm taking a digital arts class this semester and instead of using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator we are using Coral Painter 8 and Mac computers which I'm a bit out of my element.

So for anyone of you with more experience with Painter can you offer me any tips? It's a Intro Digital class in order to take the more advanced ones here.

A

Alucard

No we're stuck using a mouse they were unconsiderate enough to provide drawing tablets

fade

Staff member
The philosophy behind Painter is different than the philosophy behind Photoshop. The names of both pieces of software say it all. If you're truly going to digitally paint, Painter is the winner.

G

GeneralOrder24

make sure the coral is completley dry before you paint.

No we're stuck using a mouse they were unconsiderate enough to provide drawing tablets
Seriously? Painter is pointless without a drawing tablet! Sure, you can do some basic stuff with it but Painter is not a tool for editing photos like Photoshop - it's a tool to drawn, paint, design and a mouse is not going to be doing the job.

So if you want a tip: buy a drawing tablet yourself. Even the Bamboo range of Wacom is going to beat the mouse without even breaking a sweat and they cost only $50 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.