Animalympics

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Animalympics

Genre: [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sports Film[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven Lisberger[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Billy Crystal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Shearer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gilda Radner[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1980-02-01[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]78[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Animalympics is all about the Animal Olympics Contest where all the animals around the world gather to take part in everything from skiing in North America to the very long marathon race in humid conditions. With lively music provided by Graham Gouldman, the film is very different to other cartoons, being more of a drama-comedy than cartoon.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER][DOUBLEPOST=1391917137,1391916960][/DOUBLEPOST]The director of this 80's animated film went on to create Tron, and one of the animators was Brad Bird of Pixar fame.

Watched way too much of this one as well when I was younger. Trying to track down a copy for my kids.
The animation is quite amazing.

Last edited:
Good luck, I heard they lost a lot of the original sound tapes to the movie in the big fire that tore through one of the major studio backlots in the 90's. That's why there's never been a remastered release of the movie since the 80's.

Try this.
Amazon product

Be aware that this is the german region 2 PAL DVD with english and german audio and subs. But you shouldn't have a problem playing one of those nowadays.