Allow Me to Recommend Something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThatNickGuy

Awhile back, I had the pleasure of recommending some comics to people on the board. Since we've got a new board and an influx of Theatre Hopper people, I thought I'd try it again.

So! Tell me some kind of a comic that you'd like to read. Or maybe a particular genre that you've been interested in, but never tried. Maybe even just some of your favourite movies or books or other medium that you'd like to read more of something similar.

The list of comics from different companies (DC, Marvel, Image, IDW, Dark Horse, Top Shelf, Devil's Due, etc) is probably longer than the stuff that I want to try, so feel free to throw something at me.

Most importantly, if you DO decide to pick one of my recommendations up, please tell me what you thought of it, after!

Awhile back, I had the pleasure of recommending some comics to people on the board. Since we've got a new board and an influx of Theatre Hopper people, I thought I'd try it again.

So! Tell me some kind of a comic that you'd like to read. Or maybe a particular genre that you've been interested in, but never tried. Maybe even just some of your favourite movies or books or other medium that you'd like to read more of something similar.

The list of comics from different companies (DC, Marvel, Image, IDW, Dark Horse, Top Shelf, Devil's Due, etc) is probably longer than the stuff that I want to try, so feel free to throw something at me.

Most importantly, if you DO decide to pick one of my recommendations up, please tell me what you thought of it, after!
Oh great Nick. I enjoy giant robots of all kinds, but am quite familiar with the Gundam franchise, and most of the other more popular Japanese franchises. I would like to branch out, preferably to English-made material. My favourite take on Gundam was 08th MS team, which (if you haven't seen it) was a fairly realistic portrayal of war with giant robots, considering it was a portrayal of war with giant robots.

I would like something in that vein, or possibly branching out slightly in another direction. I do not require giant robots, although they always make a good story better. Any near-future science fiction, or realistic take on space travel, without faster-than-light or magical gravity generators also win bonus points.

i'd be interested in seeing something that does away with *this* trope. it always bugs me when say, theres insanely advanced tenological advances on show, yet they're used for... smashing each other to bits.

The Warhammer and WH40K comics are of great quality, I have to say. I haven't had the money to buy them (other than about adeptus astartes) but I've flipped through most and they're grrrea.

i'd be interested in seeing something that does away with *this* trope. it always bugs me when say, theres insanely advanced tenological advances on show, yet they're used for... smashing each other to bits.
Star Trek & Dr Who comics?

Status
Not open for further replies.