Advent Calendars

Anyone else got themselves an advent calendar this year? If so, post here & tell us all about them - what's behind each door? Pictures? Chocolate? Cheese? Something else? Do you make your own calendars for friends/family? Definitely tell us about them then.

I admit I hadn't bothered with advent calendars for more years than I'd like to admit, since I was still a kid, before I got a Doctor Who themed calendar 2 years ago. That inspired me to get a build the Enterprise-D one last year & this year I'm giving one of the EXIT calendars a go.

I make my own advent (the kids get Lego advent calendars) using little number boxes that I fill with either dice or TTRPG figures or terrain. My wife actually fills them, though I buy the stuff to go in the boxes. It was a myconid spore servant (fungal infected zombie, basically) today.

I got myself a tea calendar from David's tea (as is my new tradition), and got @Eriol a coffee one from Yawn on Etsy.

No chocolate this year. Yet.

So far so good!
Last year we splurged on a beer calendar. 24 full size/tall boy cans. Almost all were quite good. It was a variety from a bunch of local breweries. It lasted well into the new year. Turns out, we don't drink that much.

Got the Bonne Mamman Advent Calendar for my spouse, Dill. Last year I got them a custom felt & yarn gnome calendar (it was a bit expensive)

Also got one of the traditional, crappy chocolate calendars so they see what I got while growing up.

20231207_151636.jpg

I got a pokemon card one, actually only today. No good pulls from it yet though it did come with a few other goodies, specifically a pikachu and glaceon Keychain that Sarah immediately claimed.