Adam Warren's Empowered 1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

curbstreet

I'm a huge fan of Adam Warren's Empowered series, and as I have vol5 winging to me from Amazon for 10.17 for the book, so if anyone wanted to check it out keep in mind that with comic prices at 3.99 for the most part this is a good buy. 208pgs for ten bucks.

I'm shilling for him but I love this series and the effort put into it and unigue characters Adam has created.

And I have a question for anyone on the forum who reads Empowered.

When the Caged Demon Lord speaks what voice do you hear? I hear him speak with the same voice that Morbo the newscaster has from Futurama, or it's Emporer Lurr from omnicron persei 8. I think I mainly hear Morbo when I'm reading The Caged Demon Lords dialouge but I was curious who you guys might hear.

Question: With no prior knowledge of this series, is it limited or will it be long running?

C

curbstreet

Hey Ed. From what I understand this will be an ongoing series, and Adam seems to be planning pretty far ahead as small asides and jokes from on volume will payoff in the next vol or future ones. I know that a 6th and 7th one are planned at least.

Adam is doing things and coming up with so many whacked out ideas and concepts that are so brilliant I'm jealous of how clever they are.

here is his deviantart page, this should give you a good idea of what Empowered has to offer.

http://adamwarren.deviantart.com/

Let me know what you think.

Looks very interesting. I'll have to go see if it's available in my local Weird Pete's. I just got in every issue of "Y -The Last Man" and have yet to pick those up thanks to $$ issues. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.