[Movies] Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter-No I'm serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the last shot that really sells it.

As someone who spent five years of his life with an Abe Lincoln beard, I am pretty stoked.

Note: it's not directed by Tim Burton, but produced by him. It's directed by the director of Wanted.

ElJuski

Staff member
I don't get the whole super-mythologizing about Abraham Lincoln. At first it was funny, but there's only so many Abraham Lincoln Being a Badass I can take before the joke gets old.

He is my favorite President, though! Dude was a political badass, even if he never rode Wookies through a dragon's butthole.

If you guys think it looks awesome, I highly recommend picking up the book. You won't be disappointed. And if you are...that's sad.

I'm with you Shego: There. Opening. Day!!

Note: it's not directed by Tim Burton, but produced by him. It's directed by the director of Wanted.
Soo...Depp will only be in a cameo role, as opposed to the star?

EDIT: Rufus Sewell is in this? Now I'm intrigued. He was pretty amazing in Dark City.

--Patrick

WASHINGTON MONUMENT WASN'T FINISHED UNTIL LIKE THE 1880s.

Just sayin.
There is nothing in that trailer to suggest that Lincoln is there when it shows the Washington monument.
The book sort of takes place in present day, kind of, in that it has a few pieces written in first person as the writer discovers Abe Lincoln's "journal" and delves deeper into it to reveal Lincoln's "true" story. MLK Jr's "I have a dream" speech is also referenced. If I had to guess I'd say that shot is from that scene.
Added at: 04:57
Soo...Depp will only be in a cameo role, as opposed to the star?

EDIT: Rufus Sewell is in this? Now I'm intrigued. He was pretty amazing in Dark City.

--Patrick
Alan Tudyk is also in it.

This was the last book I read physically, literally hours before I got my first Kindle.

It's awesome, much, much better than Pride & Prejudice & Zombies by the same author. That could turn out to be a pretty awesome movie too, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.